FYI: Kg series speakers

For those of you who aren't aware, the Kg speaker series began with the Kg2....NOT pronounced "kay gee two", but pronounced "kay gee squared"....the same for the Kg3...it was "kay gee cubed"...etc....

Somewhere along the way all of that apparently changed...kinda interesting trivia to me....but those speakers went into production before I left Klipsch in September of 1983...and I remember very well how the "powers that be" of the time corrected some of the employees on the pronunciation of the models! Smile.gif

Now, I gotta wonder just when the "heritage" models started being called that...because they were just "Klipsch speakers" when I worked there....kinda makes me feel old or something!! LOL!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

HDBRbuilder-I think you've got it. Today I asked my mathmatician (actuary) brother and math teacher sister-in-law the question, and they said there was no term comparable to "cubed" and "squared" for 4 and up. She explained there were no dimensions past the third. I thought "time" was the fourth dimension, and I don't think there has been a fifth dimension since The Age Of Aquarius.

Up, up and away,

fini

I have a pair of 1983 KG3 speakers that haven't been used in several years. They never had any particular problem and I've never been able to bring myself to part with them. Do you think they are worth refurbishing? If so, do you know a good place in NJ would to take them? THX for the advise.

Barrebe,

If you are looking to refinish the cabinets, I found a place in Bridgewater that will do that kind of work. As for the drivers and components, getting the parts directly from Klipsch is probably your best bet (assuming they still have them in stock).

Colin

------------------

My System