Sunfire TGA-7401 vs. Parasound Halo A51

Kain

Any comments/opinions on these two amplifiers will be appreciated.

According to what I have read so far, the Sunfire sounds warmer, but
almost dull and muddy with the highs rolled off. Is this true?

As for the Parasound, it sounds more neutral and offers a more "detailed" sound. Is this also true?

But, the Sunfire is quite a bit more powerful than the Parasound.

Which do you think will be a better match for my Klipsch speakers (which
tend to be on the brighter side)? I have the RF-7 main speakers, RC-7
center speaker, and RS-7 surround speakers. Based on the feedback from
the Klipsch forum, these speakers love power.

either is powerful enough. I would go with the parasound personally. I have always recalled sunfire for their subs and not their amps but then again i have only really been into home theater for about 2.5 years. Parasound makes a good quality amplifier and the halo series is supposed to be very good. How much better than their next tier down amps? No idea. I always weight the cost because I do believe in diminishing values to an extent although anyone would want a MCintosh

I have heard all three and have owned the parasound, if you have to choose between the parasound and the sunfire i recommend the parasound but I sold my parasound and bought the earthquake and this thing is unbelievable. If you ever get a chance to see or hear one check it out. 125lbs of pure pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies.

I want to add another amp to the "group." How is the Wyred for Sound MC5x500? Link: http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/p/74030/117839/332920

I read some reviews and it looks like an excellent amp. I also read the review of the Wyred for Sound SX-1000 which is a mono amp but I think it uses the same modules as the MC5x500. In the review it stated that the Parasound Halo A23 was more forward, harsh, and brighter than the SX-1000.

You can view the SX-1000 vs. A23 comparision here: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/power-amplifiers/power-amplifiers-reviews/wyred4sound-sx-1000-monoblock-amplifier/page-3-the-wyred4sound-sx-1000-monoblock-power-amplifier-in-use.html

Any comments/opinions will be appreciated.