Christmas Came Early

ch11587

Today I picked up 2 wonderful Christmas Presents a Paradigm Servo 15a and Acurus 200X3.

Paradigm owners please help. I redid the Audyessy for the room I also disconnected my bi amp for my towers. I can tell a difference in the sound quality at high levels. If I want more bass should change the frequency on the back of it or do it thru my receiver?

post-56849-13819736498558_thumb.jpg

post-56849-13819767169558_thumb.jpg

post-56849-1381979414198_thumb.jpg

Today I picked up 2 wonderful Christmas Presents a Paradigm Servo 15a and Acurus 200X3.

You are a man after my own heart.(okay that sounded a little strange) [:$] The first thing you should notice with the Acurus is a new "crispness" in the highs and very punchy bass drive in the low and midbass regions.

I can tell a difference in the sound quality at high levels. If I want more bass should change the frequency on the back of it or do it thru my receiver?

You have to change the frequency in the receiver because the Servo 15a does not have an onboard crossover or phase control.

Bill

There should be. It depends on what audio modes you are using and how your specific receiver's bass management. Make sure your speakers are set to 'Small' in the receiver settings. If there is no small option available, setting a crossover will in effect, set them as small. Try starting with 80 as that is the THX standard. If you are still not getting anything out of the sub, it likely has to do with the listening mode you chose. If you pick Stereo on your receiver, you should be getting output from the sub, but again, it all really matters how your receiver handles this type of thing. If you really think you have all your settings correct, I would try calling Marantz Customer Service.