BK 7250 vs Acurus

ch11587

I recently purchased both amps now deciding the pro's and con's

Acurus Pro's

Deeper sound, more bass, smaller unit,

Con's

It doesn't have the dynamic ability of the BK IMO

BK 7250

More dynamic sounds, clarity from vocals and insturments, balance amoung channels,

Con's

It's a tank, Super heavy

Will be adding more as I have time to listen to them both

Acurus Pro's

Deeper sound, more bass, smaller unit,

That is what I have most noticed with my Acurus amps plus more detailed highs IMO. Though I have found my Acurus A250 very dynamic with my RF-63's.

BK 7250

More dynamic sounds, clarity from vocals and insturments, balance amoung channels,

Plus a sweet velvety midrange that is hard to beat at it's price point. The better dynamics of the B&K 7250 does not surprise me with that big ole toroidal transformer(1500VA) vs the Acurus 200x3(1000VA). With all channels driven, the score may even up.

Keep the feedback coming, I never did a true A-B showdown with my B&K's and Acurus'.

Bill

Congrats on the new amps, I just got a 7250 as well and its definitely a tank. I was thinking about buying bills acurus, but this b&k came up at an offer to good to refuse.

I would love to hear more of you thoughts on the b&k vs acurus, both are great amps though. In case you wanted to see inside, but didn't want to open it up ,take a look at the pics of mine, pretty impressive

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/162838.aspx?PageIndex=1

I'm also looking at the B&K 7250II as one came up for sale locally.

What is the appx. value of the amp today? He's asking 1k but I don't know if that is a deal or on the high side. I'm guessing the latter and appreciate any input......

1k whew, I could have bought 4 7250 for that........jk jk although I did get mine for $250 bill said its prob the amp deal of the year lol.

Although I do think 1k is a little high, I usually see them on eBay anywhere from 650 - 800......FANTASTIC amp though and I would have payed a lot more, I just ran into a great deal. See if you can negotiate the seller down a bit.

Wow you def. got a great deal! I thought it was pretty high and after talking to the seller on this and some other gear that I am familiar with, he's wanting top dollar on everything he has so I politely passed.

Thanks for the input!

If you are wanting a BK amp I know someone that is selling one. ME! haha... I won 2 auctions on ebay. a 7250 and 200.5 basically the same amp just a few years apart. PM me if you are interested with your number. I've talked to Bill alot about this and I have an idea on what I'm wanting. I also have an Acurus 200X3 I'm probably going to be getting rid of too.

I've had the 7250 set up for 3 days and it works great but I just got the newer one yesterday and will probably keep that.

I'm also looking at the B&K 7250II as one came up for sale locally.

What is the appx. value of the amp today? He's asking 1k but I don't know if that is a deal or on the high side. I'm guessing the latter and appreciate any input......

$1000.00 is not a deal but, when you consider a $1000.00 for a $2500.00 amp it does not sound that bad.

Our South Florida brother did get a screaming deal on his 7250 but it was a very rare deal indeed. I would put the range for the 7250II between $675.00 to $875.00 based on A-gon, Ebay, and other outlets. These days prices for gear can be all over the board. IMO, the B&K Reference 7250 is a fantastic amp at $675.00 as well as $875.00.

Bill

If you are wanting a BK amp I know someone that is selling one. ME! haha... I won 2 auctions on ebay. a 7250 and 200.5 basically the same amp just a few years apart. PM me if you are interested with your number.

Who better to buy used gear from than a forum brother.

Chris, good luck with the sale,

Bill