Hurricane Season 2012

Mallette

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went today to home depot and the local grocery store. No one had D batteries. Glad I switched last year from alkaline to eneloop AA rechargable batteries. They work in C and D batteries with spacers.

Our local store was sold out of bananas this morning!

It sure is! Projected 60-mph wind fields reach out for many miles, and the center of one pic I saw earlier today went right over DC. I have a 20KW nat gas-powered generator, so I can sit it out, but I've seen the neighborhood blocked off in past ice storms by fallen limbs from the many old trees here.

What do you think will happen around you?

I think the actual center is now aimed right at Atlantic City, I live about 100 miles north. I was thinking about a natural gas generator but the cost and location is detering me. I am actually just worried that my sump pump might stop if the electricity stops. I am on a hill and hopefully last years ice storm knocked down all the branches that will be stirred today.

I think the coast will be flooded as it already has during high tide but more so. Actually social media is great for a pretty accurate picture of what is happening right now.

http://imgur.com/zlGyY

I am hopefully fine as I am about 125 feet elevation on the side of a granite hill. All I worry is like last time Irene overwhelmed the pump station and we did not have running water for about 5 days. It was not the most pleasant. Electricity hopefully won't go out but it should be restored quickly as I am next to a hospital which is priority one. Same for if any trees fall down in the front yard, the route is the main hospital route and the city will most likely cut it pieces to open the route. So I am not sure, crossing my fingers but prepared with charged batteries, led flashlights, tools, etc.

One thing though the stores still had bread and water surprisingly.

http://imgur.com/a/KNq2Q

No idea who made it but its there and it was fresh.