Looking for a suggestion on surround speakers

rayians

I'm looking for a recommendation from the vast knowledge base from the good people on this forum.

My current speaker setup is as follows:

Fronts - RF-83's

Center - RC-64

Surrounds - (4) R-5800-C's

I am looking to replace the R-5800-C's with speakers that match the front 3 more appropriately. My theater is a rather large at approximately 38' deep, 28' wide and 10'
high, with the main seating area roughly in the middle of the room. I definitely do not want a floor speaker for the surrounds as there is a good bit of traffic in the rear half of the theater and I'd be fearful that they'd get knocked over.

I'm thinking the RS-62's would be best for the surrounds as they will be to the left and right of the seating area, and the angled design would fill the room better. For the rear surrounds I am very much udecided whether to go with a 2nd set of RS-62's or perhaps the RB-81's?

Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions are welcomed. Thank you!!

I'm thinking the RS-62's would be best for the surrounds as they will be to the left and right of the seating area, and the angled design would fill the room better. For the rear surrounds I am very much udecided whether to go with a 2nd set of RS-62's or perhaps the RB-81's?

The RS-62's are the largest surround speakers in the Reference line and I highly suggest you going that route with such a large room. Again the same for rear surrounds with the RB-81's unless you want to go RS-62's again. The RS-52's are great also but in the case of speakers, bigger is usually better.

Bill

I was basically sold on the RS-62's for surrounds, but would the RB-81's or RS-62's serve me better for rear surrounds?

That is more of a personal preference thing. Direct radiating or wide dispersion. Your room is wide as well as long so maybe the RS-62's would serve you better.

Bill

Honestly I think the RB-81s are a bit overkill for the rear. I have them and for the amount of sound that actually comes out of them, I don't think the money is worth it so RB-61s or RS-62s would probably be more than sufficient. Just my opinion...Then again, with the size of your front stage, the 81s would probably be a better match.

I had the RS52s for sides and the RS61s for rears until recently. If I were doing it over again, I would recommend the RS62s in a wide room for both sides and rears in a Reference setup. But now I have gone a whole different direction with vintage Heritage setup.