strange movies without MAMA

cluless

Anyone remember Bad Ronald? Usually after I give a brief description people are like "Holy sh@t! I remember that!" This kid(played by Scott Jacoby-don't ask how I know that) accidentally knocks this little girl over after school one day. I remember it being in a wooded area. She hits her head on a rock and dies. The kid doesn't know what to do so he buries her. When he gets home and tells his mom she builds this elaborate system of hidden walkways and rooms between the walls of her house to hide her son. She eventually dies leaving the kid stuck living between the walls of the house. Another family even moves in and he starts to fall for one of the young girls(if I remember correctly Jan or maybe Marcia Brady was one of the girls). I remember one scene in particular where he ventures out of his secret chambers and gets some milk from the fridge. The old lady next door seems him and I think she instantly has a heart attack. Does this ring a bell? Oh yeah...what about Sssss? Or Don't be afraid of the Dark with those creepy little killer gnome guys?

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

This message has been edited by synthfreek on 08-09-2002 at 02:51 PM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a cool thread I stumbled onto (into) today! Great choices, folks.

Clu- I see they've come out with a 2-disc edition of "Memento." Disc 2 includes a 50's-style, "inentionally tacky"interactive psychological test, which is interspersed with documentaries and other sketches and tidbits (designed to approximate the lead character's disorientation).

"Something Wild" is on sale at Best Buy for $7.99. Stars Jeff Daniels, and Melanie Griffith and Ray Liotta make their screen debuts (I think). A wonderful film with an unexpected "mood transformation" from quirky comedy, to suspense.

Another of my favorite films is "The Last Temptation of Christ." I love Scorsese. By the way, I've been unsuccessful in trying to locate a dvd of his 2001 documentary, "Il Mio Viaggio In Italia," recently screened on TCM (I missed it). Anyone seen this, and know where to get it?

ciao, fini

Here's some of my faves.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Brazil

12 Monkeys

Ghost in the Shell (Anime, but highly intelligent, one of my favorite films of all time).

City of the lost children

Light Years (also known as Gondahar), based on an Isaac Asimov novel, also animated

Fantastic Planet (animated french film)

The Big Lebowski ( a clever comedy by the Coen Brothers )

------------------

"May your mind be like water and mold to many things." -Bruce Lee

Oh yeah, forgot Fight Club.

Good call about Once Upon a Time in the West, Lone Palm. I'll throw in another Sergio Leone fav...

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

The shots...

------------------

"May your mind be like water and mold to many things." -Bruce Lee

• 3 weeks later...

gotta put the 5th Element in here, I was suprised that it wasnt already here,.

AVman - House of Games, As if anyone needs another excuse to be paranoid. LOL. Excellent

still tripping down memory lane, a clockwork orange, this is spinal tap, one flew over the cukoos nest, la femme nakita, kentucky fried movie, jacobs ladder, heavy metal.

This message has been edited by cluless on 09-01-2002 at 08:09 PM

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Top of my list: Donnie Darko -awesome flick

also:

Dancer in the Dark <-- excellent ,interesting use of surrounds in this movie. The entire thing is done without use of the surrounds, then in dancer numbers the surrounds come alive. (Its hard to describe, but an excellent use of sound to further atmosphere)

Following : By the same guy who did memento , pretty good flick

and ofcourse, you have you "classic" (even tho they are new ;) )

Amelia, run lola run, requiem for a dream, pi, bottle rockets...:)

-mkl