Can we say two SVS CS-Ultras?

Kain

I think I just might be able to push my father into getting two SVS CS-Ultras instead of one. cwm35.gif

Lets just keep our fingers crossed! Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

KAiN64, two SVS Ultras powered by a single Samson 1000 will bring Dolby Reference Level for professional theaters into your living room.

What that means is that it is possible to replicate any bass sound in your home theater at the level at which the sound engineer intended it to be heard... it also helps on many music tracks.

Most high SPL (volume) sounds last for only a fraction of a second... and since they are not sustained, have little potential to cause hearing problems. Remember, it takes twice the energy to boost SPL's by 6dB... and you get a free boost by putting a subwoofer in the corner. That's why PWK designed a corner horn first.

Good luck on being able to go all the way with your "bass desires." Wink.gif -HornED

quote:

KAiN64, two SVS Ultras powered by a single Samson 1000 will bring Dolby Reference Level for professional theaters into your living room.

Wow! Smile.gif

Now I MUST push and get two SVS CS-Ultras in da house! cwm35.gif

BTW, did I mention my home theater room is pretty small? It is only about 14 feet by 14 feet! Two Ultras in this room with KICK BOOTY! cwm24.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

I bet shipping will be a KILLER! I mean a KILLER! I hope you are friends with the government so they don't tax the life out of you, then again, I bet most stuff in your country has to be imported.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Oh CRAP! I forgot about SHIPPING! Frown.gif

BTW, there are no taxes here in Dubai, I mean no private taxes, no income taxes. Only companies have to pay taxes. Smile.gif

I'll have to find out about this shipping though. SVS told me shipping a single Ultra package is around $310. Does that mean it would be $620 for a dual Ultra package?? If so, then forget it! Frown.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

This message has been edited by KAiN64 on 06-06-2002 at 01:07 PM

Check it out, usually they come in three packages two big subwoofer cartons and the smallish Samson amp... so, in the worst case scenario, it is not likely to be doubled!

Now is the time to work on your wheedle techniques... and work toward a dual Ultra Sub Tower soaring more than two meters into Dubai home theater space. A first among the audio-cognoscenti of Dubai... now, that would raise some KAiN in a 14' x 14' field! -HornED

Well Kain,shipping could be expensive from Ohio to Dubai knowing that the Ultas weight is about 72 pounds boxed.Did you pay that kind of cost for shipping your RF-7's to Dubai? It must of been more because they are more than 100 pounds boxed.I guess it depends where you bought them.Or did you pick them up yourself? Some people include shipping costs if buying within the same country. I was lucky and saved on shipping because my Klipsch dealer,Hart Electronics, is nearby and I was able to pick them up myself . Not so with the Ultras though.They did arrive in perfect condition. SVS packs them well.Very Well.Hope you can get some.

WOW, thats some real cash for shipping!

Just have SVS send it on a oil tanker and they can drop it off on the way to Saudi ArabiaSmile.gif!!!

What sort of audio equiptment is in the UAE? Is there Klipsch, McIntosh, stuff like that?

Isn't it true that gas is next to free in the UAE?

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Now I'm sure you all realize HornEd only made mention of the non existent deleterious effects to hearing? Did you know cwm13.gif that two subs, with such an enormous short duration output could prove beneficial to your health by pulverizing any formed kidney or gall bladder stones? You see, high end audio IS good for your health! Spread the word!! cwm20.gifcwm12.gifcwm20.gif

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 06-06-2002 at 08:41 PM

Yep powerful sub bass is good.With both of my systems capable of over 120dB output at listening position,even 115dB at 30Hz sustained is scary.

The more the better! HE HE And I am not done yet,more subs to come.My goal is clear,sub human output is the sub bass.

KAiN64 even with $640 in shipping you still get good value,I mean for a mere $3000(including shipping and amp)you get almost 120dB at 20Hz.Think about it.Its a bargain

TheEAR(s) Now theears

YES!

SVS just e-mailed me and told me that the shipping cost is STILL $310 for the DUAL SVS CS-ULTRA PACKAGE! YAY! cwm35.gif

And for those you asked about the price of the Rx-7s, the price for the whole set is $2,725 here (from an authorized dealer!).

And yes, you can get A LOT of audio stuff in the Dubai. There is even a guy living in Dubai who deals in projectors, speakers, amps, etc. I found him on the AVS Forum! Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

This message has been edited by KAiN64 on 06-07-2002 at 01:21 AM

BTW, here is a nice audio store in Dubai: www.dubaiaudio.com

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Good looking store... from its Miles Davis quote to its glittering array of upscale products with nary a Bose in sight!

Now that we have seen what's "in store" for the Dubai buyer of note, it's noteworthy that your selection of Klipsch Reference quality augmented by the best bass bang for the buck ($ = Dirham in Dubai!)... represents a far greater value in overall sound quality for a lot fewer AED (short for UAE Dirham) than you are likely to find at the local store that seems to have an outage in the Klipsch department.

Daddy should be proud of you... all that genuine Klipsch sound that will amaze your friends... at a price that will make your accountant smile! You are becoming a Klipsch value oasis in a desert of shifting exchange rates and more costly alternatives. -HornED

That shipping is not to bad. However, it will take the pond route, right? Air shipping you cost TONS of money...

------------------

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

That shipping is not to bad. However, it will take the pond route, right? Air shipping you cost TONS of money...

Nope, this is air shipping. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater: