Custom Skylan Stand for Heresy / Forte...

moray james

For two years I have been putting a bug in the ear of Noel Nolan of
Skylan Stands to build a custom stand for the Heresy and Forte and here
they are with a set of H3 in Walnut.
These are the best designed best sounding stands on the market built by one
of the nicest people god made. I have a pair under my Forte and another
under the Heresy 3. Check out Noels site at http://skylanstands.com/.

For some reason I cannot get the picture to post here so here is a ling to AK so you can see the stands in action under a pair of H3 at my place. Best regards Moray James.

here is a local link with more pictures.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/166820.aspx

Before anyone wastes their money on this, I would suggest they listen to the Heresy on the floor and then put it up on a box to elevate it off the floor.

No one will prefer the bass response when it is raised off the floor. Wait, I should not say "never", somene will end up preferring it ......

Tom: great suggestion that way people can hear why a Heresy sounds better up at this height and firing straight ahead not tilted upf from the floor. Not many studio monitor on the floor tilted up as the image and stage are all screwed up that way. Both my Heresy and my H3 make good bass on these stands and most of the time I do not even turn on the stereo subs I have here. I am often asked what the Heresy 3 sound like with the subs off when they are all ready off. Not just my imagination.

By all means get your Heresy up twenty inches and listen for yourself. If you feel that your speakers make better bass on the floor it is time to buy a sub or two. Boundry reinforcement is not without cost. Sound stage which originates from above or below where it should be in reality does not sound right. Trying to make your bass a little better by screwing up the rest of your sound is not logical. If having all your drivers down on the floor firing up at you actually made any sense then floor standing loudspeakers would have their drivers mounted down there at the bottom of the box not up on top. This is silly Tom. Best regards Moray James.