In-Ceiling Surround Help

vandec54

• Moderators

So you not going to use your RS 3 ll's or this is to go 7.1 ?

I think it's just as good as the other speakers your using, the only difference is pointing down will give it a different sound, the direction it comes from at least. But this might not be a bad thing, it may sound good from a different direction ?

I have no idea if you will be happy, I wouldn't worry about the quality of sound just the direction it comes from ?

I have heard something very close, maby not that exact model number, I was impressed, my first thought was it sounded the same as the RF models, probably the same drivers so there was no reason it shouldn't sound just as good. I quickly got over that idea of the cheap in ceiling sound, this is as good as RF models.

Thanks for the response. I used to use the RS 3II's in my old home theater but have recently moved and am constructing a new one.

I should update my profile

My current configuration will have a bar (tavern) right behind the centeral listening station and the side walls are too far from the centeral listening station to use the RS 3 II's so I sold them am going in ceiling.

If you think positioning is key, how should they be positioned?

I am a couch sitter. I will be using a standard 7 foot-ish couch as the centeral listening station. where should the speakers be positioned according to this?

• Moderators

My sister has some in ceilings for rears and I put them slightly behind the couch and a little to the sides, it sounds good, but that's my only real experience with them. We have some in my wifes sewing room but it's just for ambient music and not really any particular place to sit and listen. You can point the tweeters on your model (I think) which can help instead of pointing straight down.

I didn't think about it when I installed them, but it couldn't hurt to call Klipsch and ask about placement, I would see what they say, I should have done that with my sisters, they should have a more experienced answer.

Klipsch Technical and Warranty Support
Toll Free: 1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)
Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM ET
E-mail: support@klipsch.com

I was in a custom audio shop with Paradigm speaker similar to the Gallery speakers for the front and center with two subs. The rest of the speakers where in the ceiling. Wow, what a nice sound for HT with all the impact, clarity and volume that is expected for a nice HT. I think they had 5 or 6 speakers in the ceiling. I think you have a great plan and call Klipsch for placement guidelines. Good Luck!

I am using the CDT-5800C speakers for my rear surround. They are back about 8 feet behind the couch and about 5 feet apart. I like them, but I never listened to anything else prior to puting them in.

I dont think you will be dissapointed. Could you do "better"? Perhaps, but we have to make things work. I would have liked to used another set of RS7s, but physically it was not an oprion.