I need some advice

Bernard

Some of you may remember myram selling an academy on behalf of a friend at the start of the year. Well I bought it and he sent it over to me but was badly damaged in shipping. It was insured and he made a claim but because we were international and not domestic he said it may take a couple of months.

I kept in contact with him to see what was happening but now he isn't returning my emails. I know he is still active on the internet because he has been posting on the avsforums. I sent him a personal message on that board and left a quick message to email me on one of his threds but still no reply.

I don't know the claim number so I can't really contact USPS to see if it has been paid out and if they sent the money to him or what.

So what do you think I should do? He was a member on the board and I thought I could trust him as other people had bought things off him before. Does anyone have his phone number?

Thanks

Ivan

He hasn't posted in months. The last posts he made were regarding the Academy, if I recall. As a matter of fact, it seemed like the only posts he made were for buying and selling equipment. He didn't really have much to say about anything else. I never did any dealings with him (he always asked too much and had some bizarre trade offers) but I don't think anyone had anything bad to say about him. I have seen him post on AVS and HTF but don't hang out there much. I sure hope it works out for you...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Hope things workout for the best. I thought he was more or less just brokering the sale for a friend. Third party sales tend to place one in a precarious position.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 06-11-2002 at 05:46 AM