1000 watt amp

Wrench722

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many do you want? (-:

Want and need are two different things. I already have too many. I've got some speakers for sale in the Garage Sale section right now. Not counting my multiple subs, I have 2 RF-7's, 1 RC-7, 2 RS-7's, 2 RB-35's, 2 H II's (w/H3 upgrades), 2 Lascalas, 4 KPT-100's, 2 KP-250's and 2 KP-301's. I'm trying to downsize.

Nothing I've made however is anywhere near as nice as what you've created. Kudos.

I have heard a lot of bad things about that amp plate.

Where can I find a BASH 1000 watt amp plate?

Don't think I've ever seen one. Your cheapest watt/dollar amps are going to be pro-amps. They don't have built in eq but they're a great value.

Actually many do have built in EQ. The Crown XTIs for example even though they are a poor choice for a sub amp due to low output at low frequencies. Crest Pro Lite, Peavey IPR DSP, and the Behringer NU1000DSP may be worth a look.

Its a 1500 watt for the 12" fathom.

SEALED!

Have not started the build yet.

But to see what I can and have done go to Photo Bucket and look up wrench722.

Sweet. I think that fathom uses a 2500 watt amp with that driver, I see why you wanted so much power.

I am going to build the subs into a box and then change out amps till I find the one I like.

Poor choice? I was talking to the Crown tech guy and he said it work great for what I was doing? But I will be looking into others. Like I said I am going to build the sub into a box and then change out amps till I find a good one.

I have heard a lot of bad things about that amp plate.

Where can I find a BASH 1000 watt amp plate?

Don't think I've ever seen one. Your cheapest watt/dollar amps are going to be pro-amps. They don't have built in eq but they're a great value.

Actually many do have built in EQ. The Crown XTIs for example even though they are a poor choice for a sub amp due to low output at low frequencies. Crest Pro Lite, Peavey IPR DSP, and the Behringer NU1000DSP may be worth a look.

Poor choice? I was talking to the Crown tech guy and he said it work great for what I was doing?

Chiming in here because I believe that guy didn't do you any favors this time around. [:S] That's a commercial install amp, not a HT subwoofer amp.

Euroblock connectors are the dead give away that it's the wrong tool for the job. Why? Because now you're stuck with a brand new amp that won't integrate into the system because of an input impedance issue. Wasting your time and $.

There are many very good, powerful HT subwoofer amps available out there in rack-mount or chassis-styles with features specific to your needs (ie. plugs directly into your Yamaha and has filters useful for your application).

Unfortunately, as awesome as Crown is[Y], they are not making them[N].