Opinions on buying a used svs pb13

CMG

There is an svs pb13 ultra within 4 hour drive for sale for $1000. I contacted the seller and the only "bad" things about the sub are 300+ hours and was made in2007.tHas there been any changes in the sub other then the new amp. Would there be a better option for that price? I could just be sad to part with my money but it iswithin my budget and i have been looking for something with more down low umph.

It's a good sub. I think the driver has been improved a couple times over the last 5 years also. The asking price is 50% of a new one, but as you said, the amp and drivers have been improved upon. I'd try to do a search of used ones and see what they're running. His asking price doesn't seem to be a smokin hot deal to me.

That was my thoughts. I would like more down low but the price doesn't make me jump around. I was checking to see if maybe i was being silly but now i think i will negotiate or just pass this time around. I would love to find a tc sound 18" 5400 driver at a nice price and buid a sealed box for it.

Stupid upgrade bug. :/

The SVS pb 13 is an awesome sub. I don't think you will need anymore bass and it is very musical. I don't know what is a fair price on one five years old. The footprint and weight of an 18 in. sub is a consideration, unless you have a very big room. Go Buckeye's, they are having a good season!

I would call svs and see what has been changed in the last five years. I know a amp has been. Not sure about the driver. Ask what the upgrade amp would cost at least. And I would take that from the 1k$ and offer that. Then I would just buy the new amp and have a spare setting for a while. The drivers are pretty beefy. You could ask the same on that too if you wanted. Cheapest used one I have seen is a cylinder ultra two years old and he wanted 875. It had the bash amp not the sledge that the new ones have. 1000 isn't that bad. Also I don't know if their warranty transfers since most don't sell them right away so one right of the warranty period might be a little easier to talk down a bit.