Klipsch KLF-10's thoughts?

Orange Peel

I'm looking to get my son some speakers for Christmas and was wondering what people thought of the KLF-10's? How would they compare to say the RF-3's? Ihave never heard the Legend series so I'm just curious. There are several sets available locally for a good price. He would listen to music, play games through them, etc. Do these speakers require a good amount of power or could a receiver run them ok?

Thanks for any info.

Scott

Great info, I will pick them up then. Kind of fun to get stuff for him and also allow me to hear other series of Klipsch for my own enjoyment. Smile What would be the center channel needed to match these, the KLF-C7? Any other options?

Scott

Yes the KLF-C7 is the center channel for the Legend series of speakers, it will blend seamlessly with the 10's.

I have heard the 10's next to the 3's. The 3's sounded much brighter, too much though for me. The 10's certainly will rock harder, my preference.

The only issue I am aware of with the KLF series is their construction, occasionally hear of a loose front or rear panel. A little bit of quality glue will solve that issue if it comes up.

Yeah from what I saw online $180 was a good price so I was pretty much committed to buying them regardless of their condition but when they turned out to be in amazing shape I was sold instantly. The owner was very nice and demoed some music for me, then played the speakers through a tube/hybrid amp that made them sound even better. I took them home right away [:)]

I'll get some pics for all to see. Thanks.

Scott

Wow, those are primo! An excellent find, especially given the cost. On a side note, if you're ever in the market for surrounds and don't want to shell out market price for KSP-S6, the KG .5 are a good option. I currently have KLF 30s and was pleasantly surprised at how well the kg .5s matched. Paid $50 which is a LOT less than KSP-S6s. Again congrats on the good KLF 10 find!