Just bought Klipsch Quintets.....AMAZING

Kratos

Hi everyone, I'm new to the sound world and I just bought the Klipsch Quintet speakers and they sound AWESOME!!! I haven't done any adjustments at all. I just hooked up everything, turned it on, and WOW what a sound!. I have the PSW111 Subwoofer with them to help out and a Pioneer VSX-822-K receiver to control it all. I also have an 80 inch Sharp 3D LED tv that is just gorgeous to look at. I hung my satellites in the ceiling (10ft ceiling), and they blast like huge speakers.

Although my system sounds amazing, I just can't leave well enough alone. I still want to do some type of calibration (although I know very little about sound). So far, I've read to set the subwoofer and crossover to 120 HZ, turn up the center speaker a notch, and fortunately my Pioneer can do an auto calibration of the satellites with a microphone they include. My subwoofer is sitting behind a couch at the wall, and the couch is blocking it's aim towards the listener some. It is near the tv, just 75% enclosed. I was told that this doesn't matter with a subwoofer.....??? I wonder if this will affect the auto-calibration???...maybe I need to switch it to the other side of the tv where it less enclosed and has more aim toward the listener.???

Well if there is anything I'm missing, please let me know cause I don't want to mess it up by attempting calibration. LOL

On a side note, this pioneer has lots of settings for sound that drastically change how much the rears produce relative to the fronts. Some settings, the rears don't do anything at all. Other settings, the rears produce just as much as the fronts, but it creates this "hollow" effect. Almost like sounding off in a cave. So weird, I can't explain it. I'm trying to find the best setting that utilizes the rears with the front without creating that wierd echo sound. The settings where the fronts are only playing sound really good, but I still want to hear some sound from the back.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. That is a satellite system with excellent performance. If possible, the sub should be close to the front speakers. Turn the xo on the sub all the way up and allow the avr to set the xo for the speakers with the autocalibration. Play around with all the sound modes and see what you like. Enjoy!

• Moderators

Welcome

The crossover from the sub to where the speakers take over in frequency.

Have fun and ask any questions. [Y]

The Home Theater section sometimes gets more traffic than here if it gets slow here in the technical section.

Your about 2 hours from me, Picayune, not many on the South end of Ms. [Y]

Thanks for the responses guys. The autocalibration went very well and I got the system close to sounding like I want. The only thing I couldn't do was get my receiver to give me a 120hz crossover. It only allows me to choose 100 or 150. But maybe it's giving me what I want without actually telling me....??

Well I may be missing 20hz of frequency, but she still sounds Amazing!!