need some help whit emotiva upa200 and upa500

slonX2

hi guys just bought emotiva upa200 and upa500.

Now my HT sistem is not that loud as before when i just drive my speakers whit Onkyo709.Before i was not able to go louder then -20 and now whit the 2 apms i need to go almoust to 0. I call Emotiva and they told me to turn Audissey on my Onkyo off and try again.The guy also told me that now the audissey sens more power and turn my volume douwn. is ths thuth or what. I also call Onkyo and the guy told me that i dont need those amp,s because 709 has 110watsX7 so what to do shoul i keep the emotiva amps i rely like them are they good for my sistem(RF82, RC62, RS52 and RS52) Thanks!

My guess would be that the amplifier outputs from the Onkyo do not supply as much signal voltage requiring you to turn it up more to reach the same levels as the internal amplifier. You could also be perceiving that you lost loudness because the Emo amps are cleaner sounding and not smearing the frequencies as the volume goes up. I never use the internal equalizing (Audissey) I do not want my system adjusted flat I do it all by ear because I know what I like the internal analyzer does not.

And also what the guy didn't say is that you won't get 110x7 when all channels are driven. You will get the rated power from the emotiva. As far as the having to turn it up more, not sure what to tell you there, but as long as it sounds good...did you re-run Audyssey after you got the amps hooked up?

I did run the audissey after hooking the amps because the Emo-guy told me to do that when i bought them.The only difference this time was that my front,s was set to -7.5 and -8 instead of - 10 and -10.5 whit the Onkyo alone.When i call Onkyo i ask the guy few times if hi is sure that i,m getting 110WX7 and hi told me that is the same as when i run 2 channels only.I think this is BS Last night i turn my system on and before i switch to zone2 to power the ampp,s whit the 12v trigger i heard a low and hollow sound from the speakers( like it was coming from another room or something) any idea what that can be?

Will do that on the weekend my wife will be working so that way she will not get crazy when i move the equpment table and play whit all the wires on the back. i think i hook them right and all the speakers are working maybe i sould take the banana plugs off and hook them bare wire.Thanks