RC-35s or RC-3 to match with older Heresy?

crackerboxpalace

I have two Heresy fronts and would like to get a Klipsch center channel to match them. The TV sits on a console table, and the center must fit on a shelf below, with a little over 8" headroom. By the published specs, the RC-3 and RC-35 will fit. I've read about the Academy but it is too large and hard to find anyway. So I know my dimensions but I don't know how either would sound or if there is something else that might be well-matched for the Heresy speakers. I'm searching Craigslist and eBay, as well as this forum to see what is available. But I would appreciate the expert advice of the members here. Thanks!

Care In a pair of 1986 heresey II's that could
use a little tlc on cabinet? I started them but never finished them and
just have too many other priorities in my life now.

Not to thread jack...but I'm shopping in the 76 - 81 date range to better match the existing pairs that I already own (as other members have suggested).

Thanks for the advice, from everyone. So now I see I need to timbre match and I will try to do that with the Heresys. I have a set of RF-62II's upstairs. Maybe an RC-3 or RC-35 would match them. wig235: we can talk about that!

I am posting a photo to give an idea our configuration in the den (hope I did it right). Ten feet separate the two Heresys; distance from TV to couch is about twelve feet with a low acoustical ceiling. There is enough room between the right side of the console and the door to place a speaker, but it would not be dead center. Also, my wife kept knocking into the speaker that used to be there. So that side close to the door is not speaker friendly.

If necessary, I could mount the television on a wall bracket and place a center speaker on top of the console. That would mean elevating the TV anywhere between eleven to fifteen inches above its present height. I checked with my wife tonight, taking crude measurements and she didn't think from her viewing point the angle would be too much if we elevated the TV slightly.

But what to put there? A Heresy on its side? (that's a big box for a relatively small console!) What are my options for Heritage matches if I cannot make it with a Heresy? Is it Heresy or nothing, or are there other choices to match the Heritage line.

I have read elsewhere on this site about the Academy. Do you think the Academy would be a good match if I can find one? I see one on eBay now but the asking price of $500 seems a little steep. [http://www.ebay.com/itm/170915697351?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649]

Still, the dark walnut finish would be a near perfect match. Timbre aside, I have to think about how it would look. I owe Heidi that much.

I'm in no hurry but that Polk center is starting to vex me. I leave it on for regular television watching, which at least gives the Heresys a rest for most mundane viewing.

post-56474-13819826882902_thumb.jpg

If you want to be daring, cut the TV stand in half, place the Heresy and the other things on the bottom rack on top of the stand, and hang the Tv on the wall above the Heresy (or sit the TV right on the Heresy). Doing it this way, you would lose the bottom shelf of the TV stand.

Another option would be to put a verticle rack for all the HT equipment, hang the TV, and center the Heresy upright under the TV.

LOL! To be sure, the table was not selected with a comprehensive plan in place (I did not even own the Heresys until a couple of months ago). But Heidi would probably cut me in half if I even mentioned carving the console! But thanks, it's good to think far afield. I may work towards something else and not be chained to the table idea ........ /Steve, the 'Not Daring in This Case'

Well if you are interested in my heresy's let me know. They have the risers. They just need to be stained to match yours and they would be very descent looking of If you wanted to veneer them they would then be perfect as they are perfect working order