Klipsch C-3 or rf-52 center to go with my f-1s? should i mix and match?

osmosis600

hey guys im looking to upgrade my center, i feel like its not loud enough as my mains (f-1s). should i get the c-3 or rf-52? i can get the c-3 cheaper as it has been discontinued? im looking for clear loud sound. is it a bad idea to mix match different series of klipsch speakers? any suggestions? thanks in advance

Each series is timbre-matched or 'voiced' to match the other speakers within that same series. Heritage, Reference, Icon, Synergy, etc. Each series has different driver materials, different crossover components, different horns, etc. Technically the C-1 would be the exact match to your F-1s but if you want more from your center speaker the

C-3 is a more efficient speaker and will give you a fuller sound.

bump

Hahaha, Why are you bumping? You been given the answer already, twice. Sticking with the Synergy line is your best bet. I'd even consider the C2 if I were in your shoes as it should perform very adequately with the F1's. Unless you plan on upgrading your towers you may as well save some money and search out a C2. He'll, I'd sell you mine if you wanted it. But unless your going to F2's or F3's at some point then the C3 may be overkill (did i just use that word? :) Best of luck to you in your quest for your desired sound :)