Best amplifier for RF 7 classics

franticsled

I agree.. I wish I could have got my hands on that beautiful Sunfire Mr land had for sale. That would have been just about a perfect match. But budget limitations require me to use the NAD right now. I hooked up both amps and ran my Audyess, I like the setting so I really don't have the need to really mess with it much. I have read about the brightness issue with the RF7's but I have the DeanG crossover mod so I dont experience it. My AV7005 has a nice warm sound so even without the moded xover I still think they would be nice. I hvae to say I am glad I posted on this thread, it has peaked my interest in learning about the vertical and Horizontal Bi amping. So will be doing a lot of googling about this. LOL Have a good week guys

Jeff Tubbs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have a pair of identical amplifiers then vertical biamping is the way to go as you gain the advantage of being able to use the supply current which the tweeter channel is not using and the woofer channel can draw on that. Horizontally both channels are demanding maximum current from the same amp supply at the same time. As to which amp to use on the horns well that's easy use the amp that sounds best, because the midrange is where the magic lives. Best regards Moray James.

• Moderators

I own classic RF-7's Not Heresy but I have thought about klf 30 or rf 83's never heard either speaker tho so if anyone has a pair of either in the toledo ohio area let me know i would love to check them out!!!!

All three are great speakers. I posted some comparison threads you might be interested in where I compared my RF-83's to RF-7's and compared the RF-83's to KLF-30's.

Maple RF-7's in the House (comparison of RF-83 & RF-7)

A New Love and Appreciation for the RF-7's (Another comparison of RF-83 & RF-7)

Headed for divorce court if I bring home another pair of speakers (Comparison of RF-83 and KLF-30)

Would love to try the bi amping but its going to have to wait until i can afford a amp or two. I was thinking emotiva should be considered, its affordable has a great promise and best of all new!! I just dont know how it would sound with the klipsch? XPA-200 or a couple of XPA-100's and leave room to grow. I dont think anyone mentioned emo... anyone heard these amps on the 7's?.