Cornwalls and Subwoofers

Georgia Flash

Thought I would come here before I venture down the path of purchasing subwoofer(s). My current pair of 2010 Cornwall IIIs are 16ft apart and 3ft away from the corners of my living room (18ft x 18ft x 20ft[H]). The pre and power amps are by Van Alstine (without the bass/treble controls); and I miss the extended bass when listening to classical and jazz music. So... Any suggestions / recommendations would be helpful and appreciated.Thanks,

G' Flash

Mine are in a similar size room (21'x 21' with one open wall) and are about the same distance apart (closer to 14'). My preamp (Pioneer Spec 1) does have a couple base controls. I do find my self from time to time boosting the base on some songs (mostly classic rock). I have a sub in the system. Its not a big sub (Klipsch SW-450). I have it set at around 45 hz. Its rated to 28hz. I don't have the volume up much on it--around 11:00 I think. I mostly don't notice the sub is there--as a mattter-of-fact this past weekend I reallized that the sub had gotten disconnected.

That's not really not a suggestion/recommendation--just similar situation[:)]

I rearranged my room and now have my stacked cornwalls in corners of the room. I was wrong on my room dimensiosn from the earlier post. It is 18x19. The cornwalls are in corners along the 18' wall. They're toed in about 30 degrees. There was a noticable improvement in the base. I took the sub out of that system and added it to the HT setup. I was glad to have the corns running by themselves. I never did like the idea of adding a sub to them.