The Perfect Audiophile Wife does Father's Day

Mallette

Some of you have heard of how my wife turned the bedroom over to me because it was the only room in the house with Klipsch Korners. The DFW Area Klipsch Forum get together also yielded significant envy and sorrow that she has no sisters.

So I get home from my HS Reunion in Texarkana Sunday afternoon and out comes the FD goodies, all decorated by my 4 year old daughter. Several neat irrelevancies, but then there is the package that's just about 12" square that can only mean one thing! Some may remember an earlier thread where I mentioned that I'd passed over a Hendrix album because I feared it was a pirate disc and perhaps really bad quality. Someone (perhaps either HDBR or MH) said "bad move" as they'd purchased some of the series whilst stationed in Vincenza.

In spite of my vinyl frenzy, I carefully removed my daughters work and there they are, not one but TWO Jimi's, numbers 31 and 56. Number 56 is sealed!!! I put 31 on the turntable, crank the volume, and am totally plastered to the back wall by Hendrix that I'd never really heard. My Klipschorns repro'd his equipment with merciless accuracy. My poor wife fled from the room and closed the door behind her at the perfectly reproduced distortion in "Wipe the Sweat." Word really can't describe these discs. Most Hendrix recordings I've ever heard had to be listened THROUGH in order to hear the mastery of Hendrix, much as is required to enjoy Caruso.

Then she brought out the foot-deep stack she'd also picked up. Mess of Telefunken's, Bach Guild, a pristine Biggs/Tarr/Texas Boys Glory of Gabrieli, all in good to excellent and most at 50 cents each from Recycled Books. What a day! I've been nuts about her for years, but since we've gotten the Klipschorns, she is becomeing an accomplished record hunter and really enjoys it. The whole family piled up on the futon listening to music. Life is GOOD!

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Average system component age: 30 years.

Performance: Timeless

Dave,

Now you just need to find some more of those "Historia del Rock" series albums in great condition...LOL! The vinyl used is a higher grade than was used by most USA-made companies...and there are normally alot fewer pressings made from each master in Europe, too...gives you a better album all the way around!! I seldom bought albums in the PX while in Vicenza if the same album was available downtown. They were generally better albums and cheaper than on base too!

There is an EXCELLENT one of The Doors, too!! Also, look for the Ten Years After one and the Uriah Heep one...outstanding!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages