DIY Dual Oppsed 18's Heritage Style

Brian6751

I recently built a pair of dual oppsed subs styled to match my Cornscalas. I used a current box and brace design, but modified it to have the look of Heritage speakers. I though you guys might appreciatte them. [H]

Specs:

Drivers: Stereo Integrity HT18 D4 x 4

Enclosures: 6.75ft^ Net volume. 13 ply Baltic Birch. 23 x 26.5 x 31.25. 6lbs Wally Mart poly fill

Amps: Behringer EP4000 x 2 both bridged = ~1000 watts per driver

Posted Image

Posted Image

link to the gallery:

http://s618.beta.photobucket.com/user/brian6751/library/The%20Grizzlies

Thank you. Im very pleased with them. i use them for two channel and movies, although i like like to run the Cornscalas alone full range with music listening. More listening may change that. we will see. They definantely add oomph.

I just watched the final battle scene in The Avengers. Also the Lightening strikes and Pods Emerge from War of the Worlds. Both scenes flickered the clip lights regularly.......I have never been more afraid of breaking my house or having the cops called on me!! And thats with only 1 amp, 300 watts per driver. I cant wait to send 1000 watts at each of them!! Actually, im kinda nervous........