Am i going in the right direction?

johnangelo

Well..... I think I am ready to retire my Klipsch Quintet iii and reward myself with an upgrade (either the Klipsch rvx 54 or rvx 42). My dedicated listening /viewing room is app. 12 x 10. I am NOT looking for more volume....rather looking for more detail and definition in music (jazz , classical, instrumental) and movies (action and drama) I do not enjoy loud music...just looking for better sound at the same listening level that enjoy now...if that makes any sense. Would I be going in the right direction with my thinking? Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Both the RVX-42 system and the RVX-54 system will be a considerable upgrade over the Quintet III's. After I upgraded to my RVX-42 system, I had a chance to add the RVX-54's for a fantastic price but just did not pull the trigger for reasons I am not too sure of. Shortly after I bought my RF-63's and the rest is history.

If getting a pair of RVX-54's is affordable to you, the by all means get them. If the RVX-42's are more in line with your budget, then go that route. Either setup will bring considerably more performance for music and movies over the QIII's.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the input!! I can get the rvx 54 for $550 for both the pair or the rvx 42 for around $300.00 for R L and C.......I hate to go with the 42's only to have buyers remorse considering I will have the speakers for years to come....but with the rvx 54 I have a center speaker to consider.....I dont think my quintet iii center will tow the line...

LOL ...thinking I just need a push!!

Thanks again!

John

Have you ever considered the Icon WF 35? They very nice looking and should provide the detail for jazz and classical music. On sale for $269.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780082&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Home+Audio+Speakers-_-N82E16882780082&gclid=CKj0p6b5nbUCFcKaPAodYiUAag