Help with my amps

MichaelandKlipsch

ok, just got off the phone with Rob, by all means give them a call too, you won't want to plug any of your stabilizers or ups into the furman.

bottom line, if you are tripping the breaker, you have to get some dedicated lines. the furman won't help with the breaker tripping. i personally suggest having an electrician run 2 each 20 amp dedicated circuits and split all your HT stuff among those 2 outlets. you could then either buy 2 each Furman 20PFI or 2 each Furman 15PFI. it is a 20a power cord, so yes, you need a 20 outlet.

i believe if you buy a furman product, you could sell your monster gear and help pay for the furman. FYI you can buy a "refurb" unit too. Rob suggested i buy one because a "refurb" item is someone buying one, and sending it back. Rob has personally seen every one in the shop, zero has been defective. you can talk to him more about it.

looking at your sig, you have a very nice room, and nice gear, and you don't seem the type to cheap out. you buy what you need, and what you need does it job. this item is just another link in your HT chain. here is another suggestion, look into custom power cords. you have spend lots of money making the power going into your gear "good". well, what happens after that power goes into the cleaner and out unshielded power cords???? it gets all the emi/rfi back in. you don't have to pay $500 for power cords either, they can be cheap, especially if you build them. i have every cord remade. all the cords to TV's, projectors, ps3, dvd player, blu-ray players, etc should be a 100% shielded power cord. that cord should have a foil of some type in it. it doesn't matter if the conductor is upocc copper or 3N copper, it won't effect the final result.

i don't want to steer this off course, if you are interested pm, i can send you to the right places and help you out (no, i am not selling anything).

Call Rob.

something i forgot. with the umc having programmable triggers, and the furman having triggers, it turns into a "Green" device. my amps don't sit at idle, ps3 isn't sucking up power, and the Wii isn't sip'n sizzerup. it's nice to be just watching tv, and not having all the dang LED lights light up! another killer of your wallet is Subs in standby. in my Apt. with 1 month of my sub on/standby vs. 1 month with it unplugged and only plugged in while in use, my electric bill was $70 more. in my set up, i couldn't run the power cord to my furman because the cord would have been 50' long (through the walls and up in the attic). normally you can, and you can have the outlets to the sub turned off.

this is a little off topic, but to correct this issue i used X10. i purchased a remote outlet and had it programed to only turn on in certain settings. pretty simple solution.

taking a low end of savings, my furman paid for itself in less than a year and a half.

The time you tripped the circuit, I wonder if it had anything to do with the oreder/sequence of components powering on. Using my Harmony remote I changed the sequence of my components powering on to keep one of the amps form making the speakers put out a nasty pop when turning on the system.

hey Derek you are correct the only time I had a trip problem was when I are nationally put all the amps on with putting on the anthem first then the KA 1000's and then the Pioneer Elite there are no problems I've had the volume of a little bit and not a problem at all thanks for all the help guys I most likely plan to keep most of my aunts on now anyways

• Moderators

I’m pretty sure it is a 15 amp. I will check when I get home.

One thing you could do is check the wire size on that breaker, if it is 12 ga wire you could put a 20 A breaker, if it's 14 stick with the 15A for sure.