Home Theater Setup

Aggie99

Hello all -

I'm new to the forum and was hoping for some expert help. I'm in the process of putting together a home theater for my game room and wanted some advice on a receiver, center and surround speakers. I've got a pair of Klipsch RF-35 that I will be using for the fronts and want a center and surround speakers to complement. The game room is a pretty good size room (20x22) with a cathedral ceiling. Based on my own research, I'm looking at the following:

Yamaha RX-V673;

Pioneer Elite VSX-53;

Pioneer SC-1222;

RC-52 II;

RS-42 II or 52 II;

I want a good setup without breaking the bank. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Your best bet will likely be to match your front stage. Since you've already got the RF35 fronts, your best bet will likely be to find the matching RC35 center. Depending on your location, they do pop up now and again on Craigslist and Ebay, plus occasionally on the Garage Sale section of the forum. I have not heard the Pioneers, but from all accounts, I think you're going to find a lot of folks will recommend them. I have a Yamaha RX-V667 which is the same the 2 year old model. I like it, but if given the choice, I'd definitely have one of the 2 Pioneers that you listed over it. As for surrounds, they aren't as important to match to your mains, but you might be able to find the matching surrounds also...

Good luck in your search and I'm sure others will chime in with opinions as well.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Your best bet will likely be to match your front stage. Since you've already got the RF35 fronts, your best bet will likely be to find the matching RC35 center. Depending on your location, they do pop up now and again on Craigslist and Ebay, plus occasionally on the Garage Sale section of the forum. I have not heard the Pioneers, but from all accounts, I think you're going to find a lot of folks will recommend them. I have a Yamaha RX-V667 which is the same the 2 year old model. I like it, but if given the choice, I'd definitely have one of the 2 Pioneers that you listed over it. As for surrounds, they aren't as important to match to your mains, but you might be able to find the matching surrounds also...

Good luck in your search and I'm sure others will chime in with opinions as well.

I agree RC35 would be a good match, best match would be another RF35. WAF and room layout usually make having all three front Speakers the same difficult.

Here is a center with RB-35's that look to be in great condition. He has the original boxes so may be willing to ship. Others may chime in if 500.00 is a fair price or not.

I had a Pioneer (mid range) VSX-1021K at one time and it sounded great with my 7's The SC-1222 you are considering seams like a great deal from Newegg and a few members here have purchased it and are quite happy.