Belle bass bin grill measurements

USNRET

My center Belle has a different color cloth than my L&R. I purchased new cloth, Vtrac kit and crossover to match the mains. The new xover is being shipped this week so I can finally match things up.

What I would like to do is make new woofer grill frames and cover them while I am on vacation this week so that I can retain the factory parts and do a quick install when all the parts arrive.

Can anyone offer the plans / dimensions and possibly what material I should use for the frames?

Tom Mobley posted a link in the Belle build topic and Edwardre posted the dimensions on page 6

9"x20-7/8" again, with one of the 20-7/8" edges cut at a 45 degree angle.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/42255.aspx?PageIndex=6

Jim E also did a set of plans and the are a .pdf in this topic

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/47137.aspx?PageIndex=1

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/storage/6/445461/Belle%20Klipsch2.pdf

hope this is what you need

YES, thank you Gary. The way I read it only one side of the long edge is mitered to 45 degrees and the other three outside edges are roughly 90. I'll cut a sample and see how it slides in before proceeding. I will begin assuming these measurements allow for the cloth. Beer's on me!

Hi Michael,

Hey just wondering, since you're going with the vtac, does that mean you'll have a stock Belle top grill frame with cloth that you want to part with? If so what color?

Actually, come to think of it, what about the old bottom grills?

Mike

Hi Michael,

Hey just wondering, since you're going with the vtac, does that mean you'll have a stock Belle top grill frame with cloth that you want to part with? If so what color?

Actually, come to think of it, what about the old bottom grills?

Mike

Well, I will have set but we'll see what my craftmanship is like on the "new" ones.

Color of existing:

Looks to be cane, is that correct?

I have two cane-grilled Belles now and I've collected drivers, horns and networks towards building another pair or at least one for a center. I have a black top grill in great shape; maybe we could do a swap. I don't have the base bin grills but that's the easy part of your build and it's my belief that matching cloth is available in black--not so in my case with the cane.

Let me know and in any event, good luck with your project.

All the best,

Mike

I made the bass bin grill frames today out of 1/2" blonde wood. Setting 58.5 degrees angle caused a few moments of thought but got'er done. At the last minute I thought to paint them black so the blonde wood would not show, I am now considering how to 'stretch' and apply the black cloth I got from Bob. Marshall's setup for the application on motor boards, while is da bomb, is a little more elaborate than I can do for one speaker. Debating on just a stretch and staple or a stretch, glue and staple

I searched for a pneumatic stapler but couldn't find one locally that would shoot staples less than 1/2" so manual it will be. My top grill comes from Volti with the black cloth. Mid range horn, driver and tweeter are here. Per my last email from ALK the xover was to be shipped this past week, the wife comes back Tuesday from her month long trip so it looks like I will not get it done before her arrivial

Cane or not, I really do not know. I'll see what I can find out.

Mike

One thought I have had regarding stretching and adhering the grill cloth to the lower frames that you may want to look into is approaching a local screen printer. Putting the grill cloth on the base bin frames is very similar to stretching screen printing fabric onto a screen and their fixtures my work if they're willing to work with you. Seems like it may be one one of those case-of-beer-barter kind of things.

Grills done, ALK xover arrived today and the Volti mods waiting in a box. Time to get the center done to match the L&R this weekend. Wish I could figure out how to get the stain to match without replacing the veneer.

Please be sure it's finished before my next trip down southWink

Good to go Carl; just need to set the levels when I get an empty house tomorrow night. I can now hear dialog from the center channel much more distinctly; the old AB network musta needed some help. Or do you think it might be the difference between stock drivers horn and the BMS / Beyma and 2" Volti. It'll be interesting to see what change in level is needed on the center from where it was set. I will eventually get around to wiring the surround Heresys instead of the current no name in-walls.

I can now hear dialog from the center channel much more distinctly; the old AB network musta needed some help. Or do you think it might be the difference between stock drivers horn and the BMS / Beyma and 2" Volti.

Most likely the latter, but very possibly a combination of the two.