k Horn newer vs older

sasqwatch

I am looking at a pair of 1977 k Horn to use for two channel music they would also be used for my h t my question is there a difference in the sound lets say from 1977 model to a 1987 model I will be using a1987 belle for my center and 1987 Cornwall ll for my surrounds .should I hold out and try to find k Horn closer to 1987 or does it even matter .I am a green horn when it comes to audio I recall some mention of timber matching of speakers for ht on a past thread may have been in the ht forum any insight would be appreciated .

I wouldn't be concerned with the years of difference. If you've got a good line on 77's go for it. not sure of which year Klipsch changes from a K77 tweeter with alinco (round) magnet to the square magnet structure. The later K77 has better HF extension. Some do prefer the older alinco K77's. To make the adjustments would be easy enough to do and not an expensive proposition.

• Moderators

Thanks for the reply ill see if I can work out a deal this weekend for the horns

[Y]

Also could you put a clear picture of yourself, all we ever get is fuzzy pictures or you just running off in a distance, much appreciated. [8-|]