KG 2 Buzzing noise help

bhqman

Great forum, a first timer, picked up a pristine set of these as I have been a member of the Dark Side most of my life (AR, KLH) Thought I would see what all the fuss was about with these horn type speakers and make my own decision on their sound. After getting them home and doing some A-B with some AR3a's, the clarity difference is striking, Low is a bit lacking but in closer listening I have detected a buzzing noise in one of the speakers.

As I have never cracked a Klipsch, I would appreciate the experienced set to give me an idea of what to look for, any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Is it possible that buzz may have been there with other speakers, but the the clarity of you new Klipsch system brought it more to the forefront? In other words it's also possible it could be coming from associated electronics that other less sensitive or more opaque speakers/drivers masked. Just a wild thought to throw out there.....

I bought my son a pair of KG 5.5s a few years ago, there was a buzz in them when the bass hit a certian range. It turned out that the glue line had seperated in the cab back and it was the back vibrating on the sides of the speakers. To repair, I removed the drivers and all that was inside the cabs, cleanded the mdf and glued in a 1x1 wood square strip all around the inside of the cab. This acted like an old fassioned glue block on better furniture and it sealed everything up nice and tight. I did both speakers just because if one went bad, the other likely was not far behind.

This may or may not be of help but it was A cause of buzzing on a pair of KGs that we have. YMMV!