to stuff or not

lucky5115

HiYaAll,

I've got a pair of cornscala's and would like to use acusti-stuf for dampening. Probably about 4pds per cab. I have the original paper mache in there now.

Being that the mid and tweet are enclosed, I'm thinking that only the bass would benefit.

will I see any improvements?

Thanks~

Ron

If a simple change like that would improve the sound, the factory would have figured it out long ago and done it. The Klipsch engineers are still improving the speakers.

Does the Cornwall II have any different material in the cabinet?

a simple change like that would improve the sound, the factory would have figured it out long ago and done it.

You always wonder what cost constraints limit the choice of component, and other parts of the speaker to meet production. I generally believe that the finish product is a compromise on quality and profitablilty. It would not hurt to add something like polyfil and see if it increases the bass extension and SQ since it is relatively cheap and easy.

you can try this but it will greatly diminish the reflex acrion of your vents. Reflex cabinets damp the driver by the resonant action of their vents. If the cabinet is not resonent at the frequency (plus or minus about 3 Hz) of the driver / cabinet resonance of your system then the vents cannot achieve full resonance and so cannot properly damp the driver. This is not a sealed box. You can experiment if you like but you will be wasting time and money on materials. Upi require ony enough damping material inside a reflex cabinet to damp standing waves of the upper range of the driver to stop them from exiting via the vent(s). Designing and building better vents would be a better use of your time. I hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.