Velodyne F-1500?

billybob

Was thinking about this powered sub, 250 watts in good condition for around $300? Only other sub I have used briefly was an SV-8(?) by Klipsch. Thinking music for now to extend towards the bottom of forte or Chorus in a 2 channel setup. Read favorable old reviews about this servo type sealed su. A bit of a beast at 80 or 90 lbs. Just speculatin...

There is no remote offered with sub.

Thanks all

Thanks! I did do a search here in poweredsubsection and he was the only thread on this sub.

Frank1938 wrote in the Alerts section in an answer to me:

Looks to me like a Servo F-1500. The cost was around $1,800 new in 96. I'm still using two of them and they are working fine.

Frank

This was typical of my research. They appear to last. A remote can be had from e-bay,etc.

BASH amps I believe are called with Klipsch. I was even looking at a Klipsch v.2-400 sub with 160 watts and dual 61/2 inch drivers for a comuter system. but the hookup with pin connector from preamp and the volume control looked problematic, lol

Since my Carver preamp has a hookup for linelevel to sub, it has me wondering if one could easily fill in some lowend missing from my Chorus/forte. Bass reinforcement I have heard it called. The Velodyne may be overkill. LOL

Since my Carver preamp has a hookup for linelevel to sub, it has me wondering if one could easily fill in some lowend missing from my Chorus/forte. Bass reinforcement I have heard it called. The Velodyne may be overkill. LOL

NEVER such a thing as overkill when it comes to subs. I use mine to pick up where the Chorus II leaves off. Sounds very good.

NEVER such a thing as overkill when it comes to subs. I use mine to pick up where the Chorus II leaves off. Sounds very good.

LOL, now you are making me feel better.

BTW, what about the neighbors?

Neighbors? Just look at my avatar! [:P]

With the windows and doors closed, you can't even hear my system outside.

Neighbors? Just look at my avatar! Stick out tongue

With the windows and doors closed, you can't even hear my system outside.

LOL, I did! Wonder if they can feel it!

Too much! lolol Call the plumber dude...

Thanks![8]

I was going to put it between the 2 channels? Will have to put it conveniently until dialed in, somewhat. How nice is a remote for a subwoofer?

Seems almost silly to ask.

There is a Klipsch sub for corners. Guessing there are other sub speakers for corners. The sound is directed at an angle that is with 2 walls, creating a focus.

The sub is non-directional so, even a Velodyne in the room anywhere is present. If sub happens fine but, may need rethink.

Thanks for the input![:o]Happy Camper