CW1526 in a front horn

Arash

" I used the Emilar EC175 for a while sounded great but needed a tweeter around 10k. "

The RS440 has two piezos mounted co-planar in the back of the mid horn. They are crossed over above 10Khz or so, and use a matching transformer to drive them properly.

"You wouldn't by any chance happen to have a stash of Emilar EC600's would you? "

Sorry, those are a bit hard to find these days. I've go some 500hz Emilar horns with some 2" BMS co-ax for them, I plan on making something like the LB-76 with them.

"What would sticking one of these in front of 15" woofer do?"

Give about 4dB of boost from about 200hz up to the mass corner of the driver. The throat size will have some influence at the top end of the passband, but even with a driver suited for a horn I wouldn't expect more than about 600hz before reverting back to its direct radiator performance. It's roughly the size of the AltecA7/JBL 4560 horns, and should show similar midrange gains (4dB).

" I used the Emilar EC175 for a while sounded great but needed a tweeter around 10k. "

The RS440 has two piezos mounted co-planar in the back of the mid horn. They are crossed over above 10Khz or so, and use a matching transformer to drive them properly.

"You wouldn't by any chance happen to have a stash of Emilar EC600's would you? "

Sorry, those are a bit hard to find these days. I've go some 500hz Emilar horns with some 2" BMS co-ax for them, I plan on making something like the LB-76 with them.

Only seen one 600 for sale this year. They gotta surface some time.

Interesting hope you post pics of that project..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys that was an old thread.

I did indeed bought a set of Autotech JMLC350s from the DIY forum. I bought them with the 1" throat and have been using them with a pair of TAD TD2001s for the past year or so. I supplement them with a set of EV T350 tweeters that I bought from a fine gentleman on this very forum.

The set I borrowed has since been sold on ebay with the JBL 2435HPL drivers. I did ok.

The Autotechs are much better made than the set I borrowed and not too expensive. They are quite a bargain.

They sound OUTSTANDING!!! A number of you from the forum has been over: artto and Dr Who...Although I listen mostly in nearfield. I am still very happy with the results.

So last July I ordered the JMLC350s with 2 inch throat, and a set of JMLC-1000s with 1 inch throat. I got a noticed last week, they finally arrived in the US. 9 months later... sporadic indeed. I plan to use TAD-4001s with the new 350s and TAD 2001 with the 1000s and see how it goes. Please stay tune.

Mean time, I am simply blown away by what Rudy has done. I do like the few open baffle systems that I heard and I am sure Rudy' sound great!