Audioquest Cinnamon 2M 6'7'' -HDMI Ethernet Audio Video Cable Meter 3D

A1UC

• Moderators

I'm getting behind the times....I'm assuming the Ethernet carries streaming data? Just curious what the practical application of it is...a scenario where you could use the one cable for audio, video and data. For example, with my PS3, I have HDMI for audio/video and a separate Ethernet Cable going to my router. I know some receivers have Ethernet connections. Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area. Just trying to understand how it works or what it is used for.

I'm getting behind the times....I'm assuming the Ethernet carries streaming data? Just curious what the practical application of it is...a scenario where you could use the one cable for audio, video and data. For example, with my PS3, I have HDMI for audio/video and a separate Ethernet Cable going to my router. I know some receivers have Ethernet connections. Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area. Just trying to understand how it works or what it is used for.

One more major HDMI feature that bears mention is the HDMI Ethernet Channel. The HDMI Ethernet Channel is a method by which internet connectivity can be shared between properly equipped devices, without the use of additional wires. For example, if your blu-ray player is connected to the internet, your television can also be connected through an HDMI Cable With Ethernet.

As with the Audio Return Channel, all the equipment and devices must specifically be designed to process the HDMI Ethernet Channel. Unlike the Audio Return Channel, normal Standard and High Speed HDMI Cables are not capable of carrying the Ethernet signal - you must use Standard or High Speed HDMI Cables With Ethernet.

With many devices now equipped with wireless network adapters, the usefulness of the HDMI Ethernet Channel is somewhat diminished. However, a wired Ethernet connection can produce greater speeds and throughput, so the HDMI Ethernet Channel is worth using if your equipment supports it.

(Credit Monoprice website for info)