Struggling deciding on amp for Chorus II's

mcp

I've been using a Kenwood KA-7100 integrated, but one of my reasons for buying the Chorus II's was to return to tubes...at 101 dB sensitivity, I should be able to find a nice 8 - 20 wpc amp, no? Looking at vintage and modern...wish I had never parted with my NOS Valves Scott 222C a couple of years ago - STUPID! Help me...budget maxes out at about $1k...power amps only please...

wish I had never parted with my NOS Valves Scott 222C

I have one that I might be persuaded to sell to another forum member. Its pretty much stock with most of the capacitors replaced and the rectifier repaired. Craig looked at it and had some great suggestions, but I just sat on it.

405 quad does not matter which version, get it updated by John Wright of Museatex Audio. I have a brand new one in the system and it is outperforming my modified biamp set which are now with John to be made the same as the one here now. Always was an impressive design and more so now . Quasi complentary is a very good idea. Fits you bill and sound astounding. Later you can buy a second one and vertically biamp to be even more impressed. Best regards Moray James.