WTB: 1080P Projector

johnnydrama

Moving in a couple weeks and the living room already has a 108" screen installed. I've been planning on buying new, I've got several new projectors on my radar. But thought since there are so many kind gentleman on this forum I would give a shout to see if someone is looking to upgrade and wants to sell their existing projector. Don't really care about 3D, just 1080P Picture Quality. My budget is $650-$1000. I'd be willing to consider any model or brand. New models I'm considering are BenQ W1070, Epson 8350, Mitsu HC7000, Optoma HD33.

post-53316-13819854383602_thumb.jpg

Not looking to sell mine yet, but I can vouch for the Epson for long life and great brightness.

I can't vouch for the "long life" as I've had my Epson 8350 for only 2 months now, but the brightness and picture quality has been an awesome upgrade over my old Optoma Hd65. The placement flexability of the 8350 is fantastic and would be a good fit for that room. In bright mode it looks as bright as my plasma in fairly lit room in daytime.At night with complete light control, this projector is impressive for the price.

Great warranty service as well with Epson from my research.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm definitely leaning towards the Epson 8350. Found a pretty good deal on one. Looking to pull the trigger on one next Friday, so if anyone has a unit they are looking to get rid of, let's make a deal.

+1 on the 8350. I wouldn't have upgrade mine if it wasn't for the lack of 3D. They have an excellent picture and it is plenty bright enough for daytime watching but if you can block the light or when you watch at night you are in for a real treat. Plus Epson has the best warranties and customer service in the projector business hands down.

Thanks Clean, you know I always envy your system. I had the XF-48 system, joined the forum, and got bit by the upgrade bug and bought a reference line, then a gallery line, then a JBL line. Wish I would have stuck with the XF-48s. The performance of the system was excellent and never laid eyes on a better looking speaker. And I got such a good deal on it when Vanns was unloading them. Oh well, anyways thought I'd let you know. Love the XF-48. My reference line was impressive, but the XF-48 was the entire package. Only problem I ever had with it was that I felt the XL-23 had trouble keeping up sometimes. I think they should have developed a better speaker to match the 48s up front. They're aren't alot of XF-48s available anywhere for sale, I still check now and then.

The XF-48 system truly is a great system. I think people were afraid to try them either because they are active speakers or because they do not look like any of the traditional Klipsch speakers. I have always loved the Icon line for home theater but for music especially. My wife also loves the way they look vs the big boxy look of most speakers. I have to agree that they could have made a better center but I just raise the level on the center and all is good. I originally bought three of the XL-23s, for center and surrounds and sent the other two back and upgraded to the 48s for surround and boy was I glad I did. Thanks for the nice comments and good luck finding a projector.