pioneers best avr ?

hugeroost

Fellas i"m brand new to the ht fold but an old hand at the vintage 2-channel sound, with nearly a whole room full of silver pioneer receivers. I seem to have collected most all the sx 50"s and 80"s but I guess none will work for ht. I just figured since all, well except for my Mcintosh system, is pioneer I would try to stay in suit and get a pioneer ht amp also. So I guess my question would be whats pioneer"s most badass ht receiver, I looked at some at bb that claimed maybe 700 watts, I think, I just remember laughing at the claimed wattage thinking if that were real watts it would blow the house apart. My sx1280 has 185 and you cant get it past 9 oclock on the dial, about 5 watts is all you can stand. Guys give me some suggestions and please forgive my ignorance, I think I was hit in the head one to many times playing football. Also I have a housefull of klipsch heritage so hopefully i"m covered as far as speaks go, thanks, Roost

There are a lot of nice Pioneer avr's. The badass for now is the SC 68 and they will release an SC 72 soon. Give a price range and we will chime in with suggestions. They do deliver the power. My SC35 can swing almost 300 watts if pushed. Also list the features that you want like Air play, 4K, multiple zones, ect. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers

They do deliver the power.

Not like the old school receivers roost is talking about. Example:

My son has a pair of big CV mains. For a couple years I let him use my 65 WPC JVC integrated amp (circa 1976). Those CV's would absolutely pound. He wanted to get into HT and gaming so he needed a modern switching device (receiver). I bought him a 100 WPC Pioneer receiver so he could connect all his devices and use the receiver to switch between them. There's no comparison in how the old JVC pushed the speakers compared to the newer Pioneer. The Pioneer seems anemic by comparison. Roost is spoiled with the quality of the old high current units. It'll take a bear of a receiver to even come close to what he's used to. For the price of a receiver like that, he could do seperates.

What 100w pioneer CECA850? Some of their non Elite receivers failed miserably on bench tests. The newer SC AKA Elite receivers have been down right animals on bench tests and can drive 95% of today's speakers beyond sane volume levels. I do agree though, some of the old receivers were powerhouses and that is why a few of them fetch a premium even to this day.

What 100w pioneer CECA850? Some of their non Elite receivers failed miserably on bench tests. The newer SC AKA Elite receivers have been down right animals on bench tests and can drive 95% of today's speakers beyond sane volume levels. I do agree though, some of the old receivers were powerhouses and that is why a few of them fetch a premium even to this day.

I don't have the model # but it was a Pioneer, not an Elite receiver.

Carl, yes I do, I suspect thats prolly the way to go, I"d dang sure put your system up vs anything i"ve ever seen, I bet some rambo, with all the explosions and gunfire is awesome on that thing. FYi, I was bored last sunday so I disconnected that big onkyo in the garage and slipped in a freshly done sx1080 and was blown away at the difference, at 1w you can hear it perfectly from the street lol. thats my measuring point, I walk across the street and stand on the opposite sidewalk and listen, clear as a bell, that sub fills in so nice, and very transparent too. I have a friend with a set of heresys and he has come over a couple times and just cant figure out why mine sound so much better, he has yet to notice the big sub sittin on the floor with a towel over it..