Fixing scatches

Loudly Does It

Hello all. Here's a pic of a speaker of a friend of mine. He wanted to know if there was any way he can fix the scratches. He tries to take care of his stuff, but he has some kids which are just terrors and a dog and as you can see this is the end result of it. Anything I can pass on to him? I am not sure if they are RF-3 or RF-5. I want to say RF-5. If it matters I'll ask, but I think they are both wood veneer. Thanks

post-58700-1381985527418_thumb.jpg

Im no wood expert but i don't think putting stain over sealed wood would be a good idea. When i was a kid i stained and sealed kitchen cabinet doors at a factory. When we had to repair something you had to strip off the sealer (top coat) an then sand and re stain it. Then put a sealer on then top coat it. I would post your question in the technical questions. Im sure someone will have better info on what to use.

Gotta Black Heresy II comin' from uMay that will need refinishing. Plan to strip off & refinish. Easy Off Oven Cleaner will take off the old finish in a hurry. Be sure to use outside in a well ventilated area & use thick rubbers.

Unless the veneer is messed up underneath, I'll use Tung oil to refinish in natural colour.