Looking for kpt-325n or 335n experience

Scrappydue

So I've been tossing around the idea of something larger. Finally inquired about some cinema gear. Specifically the 325n. Not near as much as I thought they would be. Does anyone on here have any experience with these speakers. I like my new speakers but I am still looking for a bigger sound.

Pretty sure last time I inquired about jubilees they were 5 grand. Don't wanna spend that much. Plus those things are designed for venues of 400 seats and larger lol. I was thinking the 325 being for a venue of 100 would be plenty lol

mark1101 knows a lot about the KPT stuff. He responded to a thread here. There is a link to the cinema document in that thread, but keep in mind those networks are tuned for behind the screens. mark1101 seems to have some great details on making your own network or processor settings. I have priced the Klipsch network for the KPT-942, and it's only $36.75. The problem is, it would be wrong for my application. I would need to build one with the help of mark1101 and Bob Crites. It would cost more, but would be right for my application.

• Moderators

Plus those things are designed for venues of 400 seats and larger lol. I was thinking the 325 being for a venue of 100 would be plenty lol

You know when you plan a party you always get extras [:o][:P]

I use a measly 35 WPC on bass bins rated for 400 WPC so it's definitely not volume were after, it's the huge sound you get from huge speakers, no way around it.

mark1101 knows a lot about the KPT stuff. He responded to a thread here. There is a link to the cinema document in that thread, but keep in mind those networks are tuned for behind the screens. mark1101 seems to have some great details on making your own network or processor settings. I have priced the Klipsch network for the KPT-942, and it's only $36.75. The problem is, it would be wrong for my application. I would need to build one with the help of mark1101 and Bob Crites. It would cost more, but would be right for my application.

so i looked through that thread a bit and wow is it confusing. if i was to get the passive networks designed for them wouldn't i just hook them up like a normal speaker? i definitely do not have the knowledge yet to understand anything in that thread. but i am thinking that big horn might sound really nice!!

Hi Scrappydue,

The KPT-325 should be a fantastic speaker!

Think of the KPT-315 bass cabinet as extremely similar to the Chorus I low end. Both the 315 and the Chorus I use a K-48 woofer in a ported cabinet of approximately equal volume.

The KPT-904HF is the B&C DE75 driver on the 510 horn. This is a terrific top-end!

If I understand correctly, these are the same drivers/horn many of you heard at the pilgrimage in Hope last year when Klipsch introduced the Ki-396 speaker.

You'll need to ask Roy if the HF is set a bit hotter (louder) than the LF on the passive netword for firing through a theater screen. If it is, it's likely not more than 3 or 4 db which is easily accomodated and adjusted by any receiver/pre with Audyssey.