AW-650 and amp

I installed a set of AW-650 in the patio and they are running off zone 2 from my pioneer 1021K receiver. Looking online the receiver is only putting out around 50 watts per channel. Is this enough? I'm having to crank the volume to get good sound and the bass is very low.

Zone-B has the same output settings (i.e. - equalizer and output level) as the Zone-A speakers. If those two pairs are of different sensitivities, types, models, etc. it'll probably sound exactly as you're experiencing.

I even called Pioneer about this and they confirmed that Zone-B will have the same equalization and output settings as Zone-A.

It's a bummer...I know. But it was the reason I put in an additional system in my bedroom rather than listen to bad sound.

It really does not matter if speaker are set to Large vs Small, they will sound very similar. If the outdoor system lacks bass, and outdoor subwoofer,PA subwoofer or PA speakers can be added. I have a Pioneer avr also and to have fexibility and good sound it is worth setting up a spearate system for outdoors or another room if real performance is needed.

I installed a set of AW-650 in the patio and they are running off zone 2 from my pioneer 1021K receiver. Looking online the receiver is only putting out around 50 watts per channel. Is this enough? I'm having to crank the volume to get good sound and the bass is very low.

Not sure what your 5.1 fronts are. The AW-650's are rated at 95db and only go down to 70Hz. Plus, it's outside. I agree to setup an outdoor system with a sub.

What you could do is create another EQ curve and save it in the receiver (CUSTOM1 & CUSTOM2). Then switch between those two curves when your switch between Zones A & B. The only bad thing is if you want to play BOTH Zone A & Zone B. Zone A will sound pretty bloated.

Not sure if your model receiver can save two custom curves like that (my VSX49TXi can) but it may be worth looking into.

• 2 weeks later...