My Promedia 2.1 Subwoofer died...

Culbrelai

I don't recall how long I've had them for, but the tweeters still work great, the subwoofer starting sounding bad and then one day it just up and died...

I don't have the warranty papers anymore either, so any advice? Buy another subwoofer on Ebay? A lot of the ones I've seen on ebay have on/off switches, so I worry about compatibility and everything... ugh.

Welcome to the Forums!

More than likely it's amp that died. Might give Klipsch a call to see what they can do/recommend.

There's a guy on ebay that repairs these amps.

You might also look into the fan modification to help cool down the amp while playing it. Not sure if it's the same guy or not.

Good luck!

Why do people buy these? I read everywhere that they sound great. I also read everywhere that the subs are always dying on them? What's the deal? You think Klipsch would get a clue and A) fix the issue or B) stop selling them? Weird to me

Yeah its a real shame they do sound amazing, I wish Klipsch would just sell the subs, hell, refurbished ones would be fine. All of the prices for a working Promedia 2.1 sub-only on Ebay are about the same price as two new bookshelf speakers would be, it wouldn't take much more money for an amp etc to outperform these klipsches.

Don't rule out the DIN wire until you check it.

I've had that wire die on two out of two units. It's a known issue and an easy fix. (not saying it's your problem though... just make sure you don't fix the wrong issue before checking it out)