Hello...first time poster here on the 4th weekend...

I have been doing some research today. I'm an original owner of a Harman Kardon 430 receiver the internet has many references to pairing the 430 with Klipsch speakers. May I ask which models, their age and price point?

My original speakers that I also have from the original purchase in the 1970s are KEF 103.2s. How might the Klipsch vs. KEP marriage stack up?

Thank you and Happy 4th weekend!!

Welcome to the forum ! Check the garage sale section for prices on used speakers; compare them to new prices. You may be able to hear some if a forum member is near you. Most of us enjoy sharing our Klipsch. Happy hunting.

SSH

Welcome.

I've owned several h/k 430, 630, 730 & 930 receivers. They've all sounded great (if refreshed, use Search function to find h/k refurb threads) with Klipsch Heresy, Cornwall and La Scala. Asking this group how Klipsch Heritage compares to KEF 103.2s is unlikely to produce objective opinions.

That said, I've owned LS3/5As (KEF B110 & T27) for decades. They're paired with DIY transmission line subwoofers, each with a KEF B139. They comprise my modest HT. The sound is excellent, but I prefer Heritage for listening to music.

To me, the high efficiency and low distortion of horns makes music sound more dynamic and alive, even with the modest but clean power of a h/k x30 "twin-powered" receiver.

On the other hand, the KEF drivered Ls3/5As are very inefficient and demand lots of power to sound good, but not quite as good as Heritage.

stratertele,

welcome to the forum.

very cool to be the original owner of a HK-430. They are real sweethearts.

haven't heard KEFs, so couldn't speak to a comparison, but hear very nice things about the sound of KEF.

i do think there is something to the idea of good synergy with HK and Klipsch. think that the forum member who did alot of posting on this first was HDBRBUILDER. He's a guy named Andy who worked at the Hope AR factory back in the 70's.

as i remember (that's a somewhat dangerous preface) Andy thought the best synergy was found with the match of HK-430 and Heresy. I've owned a couple of 430's and have listened to them with Heresy, LaScala and Khorn. i don't think i could hear a difference in the sound of the HK in those instances. The speakers have some difference, of course, but all with the Heritage signature. To my ears, they have all sounded fabulous driven by the HK.

I am in the same time zone as you. Whats your general location? If you are close to Roseburg Or. you would be welcome to bring your receiver and some of the musicyou like over and hook up to some KHorns and give a listen. If you desire,shoot me an email. I have until July 31 off anyhow, maybe longer. However I do have appointments that I have to keep during someof the week days. .....................................Taz