is this mcintosh mc240 a good deal?

davestef

Here is the link to the MC 240 craigslist ad. Think its a good deal? I'm not the most experience when it comes to mcintosh tube amp shopping. I've been doing some research and I'm hearing a lot of people saying that they like the mc225 or mc30's better than the mc240 or mc60's. Would that go even more so for heritage speakers since their more efficient than most speakers and the mc225 and mc30 are lower wattage? I also hear good things about the mc240 though, from people who have them, but haven't compared them to the other two.... [:^)]

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/atq/3907446511.html

You don't state what you like to listen to, or at what volume. I know that some with better systems then I will disagree, but I find my McIntosh mc30 at 30 wts each are more then adaquate for my listening enjoyment with a set of KHorns in the house. In fact the Fisher 400 with 25wts per channel is also pleasant in the house. When outside I enjoy a little more volume. My systems are not the best, but I do enjoy what I have. .................................Taz

PS Check the prices on the internent and condition of the units. Dealer would not sell me mc240 knowing I had mc30's, said I'd be disappointed.

For the money being asked for the Mac you could consider buying a brand new Dynaco from Bob Latino:

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/bob.htm

In buying the Mac you would need to have someone go over it to be sure all is well. That will cost some $$$ as will any needed repairs. Buying vintage equipment is fine if you can get it inexpensively enough, but getting something new has some definite advantages.

Maynard

Here is the link to the MC 240 craigslist ad. Think its a good deal? I'm not the most experience when it comes to mcintosh tube amp shopping. I've been doing some research and I'm hearing a lot of people saying that they like the mc225 or mc30's better than the mc240 or mc60's. Would that go even more so for heritage speakers since their more efficient than most speakers and the mc225 and mc30 are lower wattage? I also hear good things about the mc240 though, from people who have them, but haven't compared them to the other two.... Huh?

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/atq/3907446511.html

If you want to know if a Craigslist ad is a really good deal, post a link to it. Then go back and check the ad 12 hours later. If it is sold, it was a good deal. [:|]