anyone heard either of these?

Scrappydue

so i am putting together a small bedroom setup and i just bought the icon w bookshelves. well i am sure i will want a little extra on the low end. smaller the better. and i have to have high level inputs to run with the emo mini-x.

so i was looking at the outlaw m8 and the HSU stf-1. if anyone has any experience with either of these i would appreciate the advice.

Sorry, hadn't heard either.

I built a kit sub for my daughters bedroom, the build can be seen HERE . Her bedroom system consists of a Kenwood 2 channel receiver, 2 Infinity bookshelves and this sub. The combination is perfect for her and sounds really nice.

As far as the kit goes, all you add is a driver and a plate amp. Assemble, paint and you're good to go. It was the easiest sub I've ever built. There's nothing to cut as it's all CNC'd perfectly for assembly.

It sounds great. I'd be happy with it and she loves it. I think the driver was 85 or so, don't remember the price of the kit (+ - 100???) and I got a Dayton plate amp from parts express on sale. If you watch they're ads, they seem to put one or 2 on sale every couple months. I bought a 240w amp but the sub doesn't need anything that big. I think the thread has links to the driver and the kit. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll hyperlink them for you.

The sub is made for a bedroom music system. It has plenty of output for a small room and doesn't have to be pushed to distortion to keep up with bookshelves. It's so thin you could probably slide it under a bed but I have mine facing into a corner about a foot out standing up.

Carl

It may be a moot point. It looks like DIY Audio is temporarily out of drivers as well as the manufacturer of the flat pack being out of kits. They've sold a ton of them They'll both stock back up but possibly not soon enough for your time frame.

I vote for the HSU even though I have not heard either, just looking at the specs A lot of the little 8 in.subs pack a punch for their size. Either of these wood be perfect for a bedroom setup.

even thought the outlaw is rated lower, smaller, and b stock is 250 and hsu is 340$ you still think hsu is the better buy? I read a lot of happy people with outlaw products.