Juicy Music Products

musiclover55

Help. Where can I get my Juicy Music tercel tubed phono preamp serviced out now? Site has been taken down and no way to get in touch with Mark Deneen. I/ve contacted some places but will not work on since no longer in business or never heard of juicy music products. Before it went completely out, was crackling and popping sound in left channel. Changed all tubes and did not help. Had friend to look at it and now no sound. All tubes light up, but now no sound. Any suggestions? Hate to not use it, as sounded great when working right. Thanks. David Hammer.

Actually I could find problems... they were so numerous that I chose not the marry the piece so to speak. This particular Tercel was a kit and was assembled horribly by the original owner the actual circuit board is damaged beyond long term reliable repair. I kind of doubt it but maybe Mark has some circuit boards left over?

What is your definition of break the bank? When you say preamp do you mean just a stand alone phono section like the Tercel or a complete full function preamplifier with line and phone stage. I can't remember did your Tercel have the step up transformers for low output moving coil?

When it comes to stand alone tube based phono sections with low output moving coil abilities that is going to be a hard bill to fill.

Thanks for your reply. You put the LOMC options in for me. You probably don/t remember. The person I purchased it from sent it directly to you to do this, then you sent it on to me. You probably don/t remember what kind of shape it was in. It worked great until last few months when the annoying crackling sound started in the left output channel. The right channel sounded fine. Do you have any recommendations for phono preamp with step up transformers that would be comparable to the Tercel? Thanks. David. This was done probably 7 or 8 years ago.

Thank you for your valuable information. I/ll give this to a technician. I/ll let you know how it turns out. Congratulations on your retirement. I/ve been retired 5 yrs and nothing like it. Sure glad you answered in this forum. Didn't know how too get in touch with you. Again thanks. David.

Mark,

I have the original Tercel too. Love it. I do nto have any noise issues but will get the resistors anyway.

To the OP, if you feel the goodwill and want to order extra resistors and am happy to send some money to cover. I have a feeling that the resistors are $1.00 with $10 shipping.

EDIT: David, I just saw your post. This is a very easy repair if you can solder. Just heat up the solder joint (may have to add a little solder to get it flowing and suck up aith a "solder sucker - about $5). Put the new resistor in, heat up and gently touch with a thin roll of solder and it will fill in nicely. Then trim th eexcess wire and you are done. about as basic as it gets.