La Scala Crossovers Part 2

AKBman

Installed TK's AL-3s this morning, it is like having brand new, actually better than new speakers. The mids and highs are so clean and clear now, I thought there was a problem with the woofer, but it is just the fact that now everything sounds cleaner and has much better balance. I hit a wide variety of music, from Jethro Tull, to AC/DC, to Pink Floyd, Steve Earl to the Outfield, amazing what a diiference it makes! TK, thank you so much for this opportunity! I would like to try them for a week, and ship them back to you after Labor Day if that is alright?

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will find that there is a completely different world out there relative to stock. Dean is a genious when it comes to crossovers. I'm currently enjoying my hot-rodded Super AA's, clear, clean, detailed sound with a full sound stage. Just makes you smile.

Tom

If I had the cash right now, I would be ordering, I don't think I would wait for the Roadshow, I have read far to many testimonies to imagine that I would be disappointed. The AL-3s sound great, and no doubt if I hadn't read about Dean's Super AAs, I would be looking at purchasing the AL-3, but it is too late now.

Genius huh? Well, the feedback that's coming from you guys has me shaking my head. I'm also starting to think that in spite of what I want to think, it's starting to look like there's probably something to the bypassing thing. I'm really just pretty good at figuring out what's most likely to be preferred by someone based on their room, gear, and personal taste. I hate to say it, but I'm rookie material when it comes to design, but I'm a decent builder I suppose, which means you won't find a wire-stretcher on my bench.