another speaker placement question! rs 3 rs 7 where to mount what?

franticsled

i have rf7 fronts rc7 and a pair of rs7 and rs3... question is where should the 7s go? side surround or rear? my sides need to be mounted about 7.5' high but the rears can go lower if need be. Do i need to angle them down and toward listening area or just mount them flat to the wall? Also i have about 6' from rear of couch to the wall behind the couch if that makes any difference. Also have been kicking around adding another sub for the rear....good or bad? I have not played with 2 subs but have read they are a pain to dial in so they work together properly. Any input would be great.

question is where should the 7s go? side surround or rear? my sides need to be mounted about 7.5' high but the rears can go lower if need be. Do i need to angle them down and toward listening area or just mount them flat to the wall?

I just recently mounted some RS7's. Mine had to go high as well at 8.5 ft. I needed to angle them down for better imaging. They would work for rear as well since you have the RS3s for sides or try both ways to see what you prefer.

FWIW, here's an inexpensive way to mount them and get them angled toward your main listening position.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/176368/2077072.aspx#2077072

i have rf7 fronts rc7 and a pair of rs7 and rs3... question is where should the 7s go? side surround or rear? my sides need to be mounted about 7.5' high but the rears can go lower if need be. Do i need to angle them down and toward listening area or just mount them flat to the wall? Also i have about 6' from rear of couch to the wall behind the couch if that makes any difference.

Nice setup.

RS-7's on side RS-3's at rear. At your projected height, you do not "need" to angle down but can if desired of course.

Also have been kicking around adding another sub for the rear....good or bad?

Another sub would be great, just not one of the cheapo low quality variety. I am running three subs in my main system(13" corner, 15" corner, 10"/10" midpoint) and the difference is night and day for HT and music.

Bill

I use RS 35's for surrounds slightly behind the listener and as front wide speakers. I don't angle them down and get great dynamics witht HT. I have them a few inches from the ceiling, around 9 1/2 ft. off the ground. I perfer them up high WDST speakers play off reflexions and having them near a boudry is not a problem and they don't need to be angled down like direct radiators.