Klipsch Rf-7 Set vs Vienna Acoustic

ryder

guys i need your help i have klipsch rf 7 front rc 64 center and rs 62 surround for ht now i think to upgrade them to front Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand , Center Maestro Grand Center and surround Vienna Acoustics Bach Grand

so it will be rell upgrade or klipsch for ht use better..

guys i need your help i have klipsch rf 7 front rc 64 center and rs 62 surround for ht now i think to upgrade them to front Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand , Center Maestro Grand Center and surround Vienna Acoustics Bach Grand

From the review I read about the Vienna's they are a totally different sound than Klipsch. They will not be as dynamic as Klipsch so for a HT room they would not be my first choice. From "reading" about them, they seem like they are very nice sounding speakers but lack the SPL capabilities Klipsch has. My best suggestion is to go listen to them in person and see what you think. They seem to be very well made so go find out if they sound good to your ears.

They look like nice speakers for music but, not HT compare to the RF 7 system. They are also 4 ohm and 91 db sensitivity. They will need more power. I have never heard those speaker and can't speak to the SQ. It is really hard to upgrade from and RF 7 system and most moves will be lateral at best.

For HT, no contest at all. For music, that depends on what your preferences are.

If you are really intrigued by the VA's, get just the towers and set up a nice 2-channel rig.

Bill

Since you posted this in the HT section, I will agree with the others. Want receiver and sub are you currently using. If you are looking to get a little more performance out of your system, receiver and especially subwoofer/subwoofers can make a huge difference. You already have a top performing set of speakers, keep them.

I have a very nearly identical system as you have (with the exception that I have RC-7 center and RS-7 surrounds). I am running a B&K outboard amp from my Denon AVR 3802 reciever.

I"ve listened to Vienna Acoustic speakers as well as some big Martin Logan speakers as well (don't recall the model, as it was a few years ago). The Vienna Acoustic speakers are really nice. I did like the nice detailed mid-range they produced, but I found them too laid back for my tastes. However, for a purely musical experience, those Vienna speakers were really nice, especially if you liked classical, jazz, or other such genres. Of course, me being a metalhead (and more specifically power and progressive heavy metal), I kept coming back to the RF-7s.

I don't know what reciever/amp you are using, but from a later post, it indicates you are using a JL Audio f113 sub. That is a very nice sub, so I think you are good there. However, since you did not indicate which amp or reciever you are using, I can only suggest that if you are only using a reciever, it may be worth it more to consider good outboard amplification instead of changing out the speakers themselves. If wanted to get those Vienna Acoustic speakers and you are using a reciever, you will more than likely need outboard amplification anyway to properly drive those.

So to make a long story short, for HT and if you are mostly watching movies on your rig, I would definitely stick with the Klipsch. If you are mostly listening to music, especially jazz, classical or other such, then it may be worth at least checking out the Vienna Acoustics, but I have a feeling you may find yourself returning back to the Klipsch. It is highly suggested that you seek out a dealer or if you know someone that has a pair of the Viennas to try to listen for yourself. If you are only using a reciever, especially a lower to mid-range reciever, then a better upgrade would be to add outboard amplification. Just make sure your reciever as "pre-out" jacks to allow connection to an outboard amp (many real low-end models don't).