FS: RB-75s and RC 7

DavidL

Hi Folks,

At the risk of stirring up the typical skepticism of a new member listing items for sale on a forum, I thought I would share my CL link for speakers I am selling (pics there):

http://ventura.craigslist.org/ele/4122652862.html

My asking price for all is $1050 - $600 for the RB-75's and $450 for the RC-7.

I am the original owner, but I am regrettably selling them to downsize for some new furniture we recently picked up. They are all in very good to excellent shape with the only issue that I see being a small nick in the side of one of the RB cabinets. I have looked around the forum quite a bit before listing these, and I have seen threads/posts about shipping and packaging drivers and such separately. At this point in time, I don't know if I am ready to undertake that task yet, but I might consider that at some point. I live in Ventura County, CA, but I would be willing to drive a couple of hours to meet someone halfway if need be.

I can share more details about me via PM in order to alleviate concerns about dealing with a new member. However, my Ebay user name is diamondball, so please feel free to look at my feedback there as a start. Thanks for looking. Regards.

Dave

Dave,

Welcome to the forum.

Those are beautiful RB-75's and wish a pair would pop up near me in FL. Hasn't happened yet.

Your price looks good and someone should scoop them up real quick. Nice RC-7 also.

Good luck with your sale,

Bill

Edited by willland

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums David. Man, those are drop dead gorgeous! The RB-75's are by far the best sounding bookshelf speaker I have heard to date. They have such a huge sound for a bookshelf speaker and have often been referred to as a mini-tower. Anyone considering these should do so quickly because RB-75's don't come around too often, ESPECIALLY in pristine condition.

Your package price is a sweet deal too. :P Just having fun. Best wishes on your sale sir.

Just letting the group know that I have added my cell number to the bottom of the CL ad, in the event anyone wants to call or ask questions. Knowing the hesitancy that comes along with dealing with a newcomer, I want to be as open as I can (in a public forum) to help alleviate any concerns. Additionally, I can provide anyone that is interested with my name and a search term for Google to see who I am and how easy it would be to find me.

I am not yet at the point of being willing to ship, but I am starting to research old threads to see what folks have been doing to prevent damage, and I have seen two schools of thought...double boxing with plenty of foam or removing drivers and crossovers. I am hesitant to take apart the speakers, so if anyone has a good "how to" to point to, I would love to see it. Thanks and regards.

Trevmerrill: I still have your PM.

Dave

Edited by DavidL

• 2 weeks later...

Update bump. The RB-75's have been sold.

The RC-7 is still available, but the price has been lowered a bit to $400. Still not prepared to ship...would rather deal in the region for now. Thanks for looking and regards.

Dave

Edited by DavidL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...