Svs Sub Question

NOZ

Hi All,

Thinking of getting the dual SVS subs, anyone using them? If so, is the amplifier they supply the best one to use.(Samson S-1000)

thanks for any feedback

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Velodyne V-1012-B

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

horned uses them, i plan to. have heard nothing but terrific things about that setup. may want to check ppl's posts in the subwoofers section, there is a thread about dual svs's right now! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

There are better amps out there than the Sampsons. Specifically, I look for a Parasound HCA-3500A (350w x 2 at 8 500 x 2 @ 4 from 20 to 20k) and an Acurus A-250 (250 x 2 @ 8, 350 @ 4, 440 x 2 @ 4 ohms @ 1k Hz) plus marbe an Adcom 555. These will sound better and meet theis ratings from 20 to 20k, not just at 1k Hz. I use an A-250 to power 2 4 ohm VMPS Larger subs. It can kick.

John

Sean-

I don't run dual SVS, and frankly unless you want to listen to a movie at full reference level, one works great. I would say, try one...and if you want more Boom, then order the second. I have the SVS Ultra using a Samson 1000. I have no major complaints about this amp, i do feel that to get the most preformance from an Ultra you want 500W pushing it. The Samson does have a fan, but it is fairly quiet and i only hear it when i shut down the system. If you have the money, the Crown K-1 is a very nice amp too, but its over 2x the price of the Samson.

Not to start a war, but IMO the amps for the subs are not critical. As long as it supplies the required power realitvely cleanly, you will probably be very happy. The Samson 1000 does those duties fairly well.

-dbl

------------------

Home Theater