Frugel-Horn Mk3 Full-Range Floor Standers

tlarwa

Not sure if there will be any interest, but it's worth a try. These are Frugel-Horn Mk3 rear horn loaded speakers. They utilize a single 4" full range driver, the Mark Audio CHP-70 eN (see attached data sheet). The drivers were purchased new from Planet10 earlier this year. I built the speakers using Baltic Birch ply and high qualityinternal wiring. The cabinets are fully glued ... no fasteners were used. The stabilizers have adjustable spikes attached for solid footing to the floor. They are painted a darker red with a black rear horn area, and look pretty good. They could be veneered if you prefer that look (not by me though!). These speakers sound very good, with a terrific mid-range and excellent imaging. The bass is remarkably good when corner-loaded. I used them with a sub (Klipsch SW-10) so I didn't need to have them fully corner-loaded, and they performed well. Google them for tons of input. There's a couple very long threads on DIYAudio.com as well. These excel for vocals and jazz ...

Sorry for the sideways pictures, I couldnt get them to stay rotated for the life of me! I can send them to you via email if you prefer.

SOLD. Local pick-up only in the SE WI/NW Chicago area.

CHP-70_Gen.2_natural_Eng.pdf

post-30593-0-05740000-1384523640_thumb.j

post-30593-0-51100000-1384523649_thumb.j

post-30593-0-71020000-1384523661_thumb.j

Edited by tlarwa

They do look a bit alien and what...avant garde. Anyway, looks like you do good work.

Good fortune

They were painted to matchmy listening room (see attached pics). There was a lot of debate in the house on how to finish them. They actually look really good, but probably not ideal if you have a bright green room or something...

post-30593-0-43020000-1384530778_thumb.j

Congrats on the sale tlarwa, nice looking FHs.

Over the last few weeks I have been building a scratch pair, mine will be driven with a pair of Mark Audio Alpair 7.3s that Dave at Planet10 enabled.

It will be interesting to compare them with my Cornscalas.

What Klipsch are you running and how did the FHs compare?