dealer locator?

I live in the middle of nowhere Arkansas - no dealers here! You would think there would be since they developed Klipsch in Arkansas!

I am about to buy my first set of Klipsch: SB-1, SC-1,SS-1, and KSW-12. Not big to many of you but it's a start. I plan to back it up withh a Harmon/Kardon not yet selected. (I notice many people using Dennons here?)

The dealer locator shows no internet authorized dealers? I find lots of unauthorized dealers but would like to have a real warrenty. Who is authorized? Crutchfield? J&R?

Any other advise you'd like to share to a new user?

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

If your looking for someone on line then uBid is the only one. From what I gather they only carry closeouts but with a true bonafide factory warranty.

They only carry discontinued items but with a full warranty, and inflated shipping costs... no other online dealers I know of, outpost.com USED to be one.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Thanks so far guys. I looked at ubid, not much there right now. Why isn't there anybody, there's plenty of reputable stores out there, Crutchfield, J&R, even Best Buy or C. City. It would certainly boost sales.

Do ya'll buy from the "other" places?

Except you cannot bargan online.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Well I have you beat - I grew up in nowhere Arkansas (Hamburg). My next door neighbor for the first 14 years of our life was Sam Pope - I don't know if you have been in Wynne long enough to have known Sam and his folks when they lived there from thr late 60s to the late 70s I believe.

I suggest the trip to Memphis (or maybe Jonesboro) to look for Klipsch. Searcy is too far out from real competition, so you probably can't deal. At least in Memphis the sales person knows you will be able to go someplace else to buy another high end equivalent, so they will possibly deal.

------------------

Hwatkins

I appreciate all the advice. Dealer in Searcy was to far out. Memphis only has one dealer so no competition thee either. I broke down and bought online at sound Distributors.com. Saved $1,000 and I figure I'll be able to afford fixing whatever might need it for that savings. He swears he cover the warrenty himself, been there for a while (20 yrs.) and is listed with the Better Bussiness Bureau. I had to save the money!

Thanks for all the advice ya'll. I also got a Harmon/Kardon AV320 for $475.00.